SUMMARY: To provide administrative support to the Medical Director and coordination of medical services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Organizes and prioritizes information for the Medical Director office
- Maintains medical staff schedules, and communicate and distribute to staff and other departments
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies and handles confidential and non-routine information for the medical staff
- Works independently and with a team on special non-recurring and ongoing projects. Acts as liaison for special projects which include: planning and coordinating presentations and disseminating information.
- Assist with initial credentialing, and reappointment of medical staff
- Participate in the Quality Improvement Program, and educate/encourage all employees to fully participate
- Organize, and record meetings for the medical staff
- Responsible for approval of timesheets and time-off request via Prime-pay Time Clock
- Assist Medical Director with the Peer Reviews of provider staff
- Assist Medical Director with perform evaluations of medical staff
- Ensure that the medical department is in compliance with guidelines as outlined by HRSA, The Joint Commission, and CMS.
- Supervise students approved for administrative rotations from local community colleges.
- Assists with the orientation of new medical staff members
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Possess computer literacy, and basic writing skills
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Must possess a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or etc.
3-5 years of administrative experience in a clinical setting
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $20.00 per hour