Job Analysis and Description
I. JOB SUMMARY
The general purposes of the Corporate Receptionist position are to provide timely, efficient and outstanding assistance to JM Test Systems customers, vendors and employees in day-to-day functions, to ensure that the front office runs smoothly and to welcome all visitors in a timely and courteous manner.
II. JOB RELATIONSHIPS
Immediate Supervisors: Human Resources Manager
Workers Supervised: None
Interrelationships: This position works with every department within the company to provide timely and efficient assistance and customer support.
III. QUALIFICATIONS (to be hired into the position):
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. College coursework and/or a college degree is desirable and can be used to substitute for experience.
Training and Experience: Industry-related administrative experience is highly desirable for this critical position at the corporate office, through varying degrees of experience (no less than 1-3 years) can be considered depending on education and other experience.
Knowledge Required: Requires good to considerable knowledge of the industry, office equipment, and computers.
Abilities Required: Requires excellent interpersonal, communication (both verbal and written) and organization skills. Must be able to establish and develop relationships with employees, customers, and vendors, perform administrative tasks and data entry, read industry and company documents with ease and operate computers/keyboards competently. Should be able to learn quickly, work highly independently, anticipate implications of current activities for the broader scope of the business and execute specific job duties conscientiously and with minimum supervision. Should be able to operate a computer, printer, telephone, fax machine, copy machine, scanner, smartphone and tablet with no training. The position could require travel and company errands so a valid driver’s license is required.
IV. PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ABILITIES AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Works entirely within the corporate office. Work involves prolonged movement (sitting, standing, walking, bending, grasping and working rapidly). Carrying and/or lifting objects weighing up to 20 lbs. sometimes occurs. Work requires the ability to hear and understand normal conversations, hear faint sounds and signals, see near and distant objects, have accurate color vision and depth perception and the ability the speak clearly.
Because of the nature of the company, this position will sometimes expose the employee to loud noise, mechanical hazards, fumes, gases, and machinery operation noises while moving about campus.
V. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL TASK/DUTIES
A. Front Office Support
1. Opens/Closes front office doors at the beginning and end of the business day; this includes making sure the area is clean, safe, accessible and welcoming for all visitors.
2. Answers all phone calls that are sent to the operator phone line; this includes assisting customers to connect with the correct person/department as needed.
3 Receives and distributes incoming faxes, routing documents to the proper employee/department in a timely manner.
4. Prepares outgoing mail on a daily basis, assuring correct postage and timely posting.
5. Sorts incoming mail, routing documents to the proper employee/department in a timely manner.
6. Maintains/procures necessary office supplies for the front office by preparing office supply purchase order (PO) requisition forms and emailing them to the company’s purchasing department.
7. Accepts all meeting requests and places them on the Company Calendar. This includes color coordinating all meetings by occurrence.
B. Data-Entry Support
1. Enters delivery date information regarding equipment transport into CalMapp in a timely manner, assuring an accurate and complete record of delivered equipment in order that the delivery record can be available when needed.
2. Maintains/updates company phone directory and updates the company’s Wiki site in an accurate and timely manner.
C. Daily Attendance Records
1. Checks overnight voicemail account for any reported absences and records absences, forwarding information to appropriate managers in a timely and accurate manner.
2. Collects information about onsite job schedules from Onsite Administrative Assistant, recording the reported information and forwarding it to appropriate managers in a timely and accurate manner.
3. Prepares daily absence report, verifying accuracy of Netchex information and timeliness of the report regarding personnel absences.
4. Sends out daily absence report to all necessary parties in an accurate and timely manner.
D. Administrative Other Support
1. Prepare outgoing Accounts Receivable invoices for mailing, assuring correct postage.
2. Provides administrative support to various departments as needed