general direction of the Infrastructure Manager, the Systems Engineer will work
within a small team to design, support, and maintain both the production and
disaster recovery data centers, as well as branch locations. The Systems
Engineer will primarily focus on virtualization, Active Directory, Citrix VDI, Microsoft
Office 365, and backup/replication.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Installs, configures, and maintains
both a physical and virtual server infrastructure utilizing Nutanix AHV.
2. Responsible for the enterprise domain
structure (Active Directory).
3. Responsible for the administration of
Microsoft Exchange Online (Office 365).
4. Responsible for the management of
Microsoft Azure and Intune resources.
5. Develop and maintain long-term plans
for enterprise data replication, backup, storage, and infrastructure.
6. Proactively monitors servers and
storage devices to identify how performance can be improved.
7. Create, modify, and test disaster
recovery procedures as it relates to the availability of the server and storage
infrastructure; work closely with other members of the team on revising and
testing the plan as needed.
8. Maintains accurate inventory of hardware
and detailed documentation and diagrams of data center layout.
9. Install, configure, monitor, and
maintain a Citrix VDI infrastructure.
with the evaluation and implementation of new technology solutions.
assist with other infrastructure functions such as networking and VoIP.
proper change management policies and procedures for all changes occurring within
all work-related tasks are accounted for utilizing a ticketing system.
14. Adheres to the BSA policy and all other
15. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Experience working in a mid-to-large
sized data center environment.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP, DHCP,
- Solid understanding of Active Directory
- Solid understanding of Windows Server operating
systems, 2012 and up.
- Experience designing and managing DNS.
- Experience creating, deploying, and
maintaining Group Policy Objects.
- Experience working with virtualization
using VMware or Hyper-V; Nutanix AHV highly preferred.
- Experience working with Microsoft
Exchange, either in an on-prem environment, or Office 365; preferably both.
- Experience with Mobile Device Management;
- Experience managing enterprise backups
- Experience performing disaster recovery
design and testing.
- Experience maintaining a VDI
environment; Citrix Preferred.
of change management concepts and practices.
- Ability to work
well within a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication, documentation, and collaborative skills.
- Background and credit clearance required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer
Science or another related field.
- Experience with Nutanix.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with server monitoring
- CompTIA Security+ certification.
- Any relevant Microsoft certifications.
- Nutanix certifications.
- Banking, or other financial industry
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position,
the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently
required to use hands or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, or reach with hands
and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position
include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the
ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment
is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states
or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s)
incumbent in this position. Employees
will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any
other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions
All duties and responsibilities are essential
functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to
reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the
incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty
proficiently. Some requirements may
exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health
or safety of themselves or others. The
requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills,
This document does
not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at
FIRST GUARANTY BANK is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled