The Product Manager is responsible for both product planning and product delivery. This includes managing the product throughout the product life cycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with other product managers, engineers, and designers to deliver winning products. The Product Manager also works closely with Sales, Marketing, and Technical Support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals and overall company strategy and goals are met.
- Lead and participate in cross-functional teams to develop product, marketing, and partnership strategies.
- Work with customers, sales teams, and services teams to identify key business use cases and drive enhancements and requirements into the product development process.
- Act as the voice of the customer within the organization.
- Define and communicate solution value, differentiation and key marketing messages.
- Communicate the solution with customers, sales team members, partners, analysts, and media.
- Contribute to the product strategy and roadmap.
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities.
- Develop the core positioning and messaging for the product.
- Perform product demos to customers and staff.
- Set pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals.
- Develop sales tools and collateral.
- Act as a leader within the company.
- Minimum 3 years of product management in a fast paced, enterprise-level company delivering customer-facing digital products.
- University degree, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong understanding of Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of design principles for iOS, Android and web (mobile/desktop/responsive).
- High level of motivation to solve existing problems while anticipating new issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and navigate complex decision making.
- Previous success working with an agile development team.
- Portfolio of digital work with demonstrated high-quality documentation.
- Previous development/engineering experience considered an asset.
Who is Coconut Software?
Coconut Software is an enterprise customer engagement platform that is implemented by some of the biggest companies in North America including Capital One, RBC, Rogers, and Bell. Founded in Saskatoon by 2018 Woman Entrepreneur of the Year, Katherine Regnier, the company has grown to 60 employees with offices in Saskatoon and Toronto. After recently closing another successful financing round, the company has ambitious plans to continue its rapid growth.
With company perks like cabana days, catered lunches, and flexible work hours, Coconut has created a company culture that is best in class. We are about people, passion, and performance and as a people-first company with exciting growth plans, Coconut is an excellent place to continue to grow your career!
Modernizing how Banks and Credit Unions engage because everyone’s time is money.
Collaboration. Honesty. Empathy. Elevate. Respect. Share.
- Health & Dental Benefits
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Flex time
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan (ESOP)
- Apple Equipment
- Parking Allowance
- Social Committee Activities
- Professional Development
- Short-Term Incentive Plan
- Cabana Days - 8 additional paid days off annually
- A People First Company - 4.9 rating on Glassdoor