Conference & Catering Sales Manager
The Conference & Catering Service Manager serves as the liaison between various hotel departments and the catering client. They must effectively communicate and coordinate all aspects of event planning for weddings, social events, meetings, conferences and more. Once an event is contracted by the Sales Manager, the assigned Conference & Catering Service Manager works closely with the client to gather event details, draft banquet event orders, arrange billing, greet the client day-of and ensure the event is set up for success.
· Partner with Sales Manager & catering client to effectively manage assigned functions
· Work with client and various departments within the hotel to plan all aspects of the function or event to include, but not limited to:
o Food and beverage requirements, timing of events, audio-visual requirements, function room set up, floor plans, special meal requests, detailed billing instructions, etc.
o Hotel rooming lists, VIP room assignments, amenity requests, arrival/departure details, bag pulls, luggage storage, housekeeping details, etc.
· Prepare complete, accurate and timely Banquet Event Orders and Group Resumes with all event details to be distributed to other hotel departments
· Strive to achieve a balance between service standards and the profitability of the organization
· Requires full flexibility and ability to work a varied schedule which is based on schedule of events assigned and levels of business
· 2 years of previous experience as an Event Manager, Conference Services Manager or in a similar Event Planning role preferred
· Ability to handle multiple clients, ongoing programs, onsite events, and high-pressure situations
· Strong time management skill and ability to balance current and future business
· Strong interpersonal skills to provide overall guest satisfaction and work with a team
· Strong organizational skills and demonstrates a detail-oriented nature
· Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and non-verbal
· Presents appropriately and professionally on and off property as a representative of the hotel
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
· Experience with other hotel operating systems (such as STS, Opera, Delphi, etc.) is preferred
· Must be able to stand/walk/step for extended periods of time
· Must be able to lift as much as 20 pounds