GERBER GROUP is seeking Hosts to join the team!
Hospitality industry leader, Gerber Group, encompasses iconic venues under such brands as Irvington, Kingside, The Roof, Mr. Purple, The Campbell Bar, and Taco Electrico in NYC. Now, Gerber Group is expanding, more specifically, opening a property in the TWA Hotel in Queens and is looking to add passionate, talented individuals to the growing, Gerber Group team!
The ideal candidate is a hardworking and organized individual who thinks creatively. Must communicate effectively in all mediums and at a quick pace. He or she should enjoy solving problems in a high pressure environment. Organization and time management skills are vital. A background in hospitality is required.
• 1-2 years of hospitality experience in respective position
Must be willing and able to:
• Complete required training and certifications for the respective positions
• Stand and/or walk an entire shift
• Safely transport items, weighing up to 30 pounds, throughout areas of operation on a slick and uneven surface and stairs where applicable
• Perform in limited physical space with variable ventilation, smoke and extreme temperatures
• Work a variable and flexible schedule which may include nights, weekends and holidays.
• Refrain from smoking during shift
We want to hear from you if…
• You embody good vibes
• You have the ability to highly function in a busy environment
• You can multitask successfully
• You are motivated, hard-working and diligent
• You are looking to join not just a team but a family
• You have a passion for the hospitality industry
The TWA Hotel outsources some positions to third-party vendors. By your use of the TWA Hotel’s online job portal, you acknowledge and agree that your résumé and any other submitted documents will be directed to third-party vendors when appropriate — and that hiring decisions are at the sole discretion of those vendors. The vendor will be the sole employer of the individual filling that job position