1st Cook - Gulfstream Restaurant
Located at the Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport, the Gulfstream restaurant is looking for a full-time First Cook to work variable shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays.
The role of the First Cook is the application of skills in various areas of line preparation (scratch cooking, finishing, plating and garnishing), prioritization of duties, the maintenance of quality standards, ensuring cleanliness of kitchen and pastry.
- Maintain professional kitchen appearance
- Creation of daily features and expected to “hold” a station down
- Communicate daily specials and requirements through front of house briefings
- Complete mise en place in a timely manner ready for service
- Maintain kitchen cleanliness and maintenance of equipment
- Notify the Chef immediately of any required repairs
- Work effectively as part of the team to produce high quality food in a positive team environment
- Observe health and safety practices at all times
- Assists the Executive Chef, Sous Chefs and Chef de Partie’s
- Prepare all aspects of the food production for Banquets according to hotel standards and sanitation practices.
- Prepare food items for customers using a quality pre-determined method in a timely and consistent manner with the minimum of wastage possible.
- Daily cleaning and inventory of walk in, storage and refrigerators for stock rotation and cleanliness.
- Ensure all equipment in work area is properly cleaned after every use.
- Report any equipment in need of repair to Chef immediately.
- Logging Fridge Temperatures on a daily basis.
- Train junior staff members on all kitchen practices and procedures
- Input in menu development is a necessity
- Checking quality and receiving food orders when senior chefs are not present
- Perform other duties as necessary and assigned by Chef.
- Daily log book communication
Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ years in a Supervisory position at a hotel or restaurant
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Valid Food Safe certificate
- Ability to work variable shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada with no restrictions
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.