Job Title: Toxicologist
Location: Dayton, OH
Hours: Full time Monday-Friday
Type of Hire: Temp to hire – 6 months (1,000 hours)
Pay: $50 - $52/hr, depending on experience
Start Date: ASAP
- Demonstrated ability to design and apply Biological Based Simulation models to predict the exposure effects of nerve and biochemical warfare agents. The employee shall conduct this work as part of an integrated research effort involving multiple DoD laboratories (Air Force, Army, Navy), and maintain and expand the present multi-service DoD laboratory collaborations in an effort to secure these present research collaborations as well as grow FHO’s Force Health Protection research interests.
- Serve as an investigator for proposed research and support other projects that align with their expertise. The employee shall design new technologies and protocols, as well as coordinate and prepare new research funding applications with different potential funding agencies, such as the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA), to expand the research spectrum of the FHO Division.
- Maintain knowledge of Biologically Based Simulation methods being developed on a number of different platforms in the academic and commercial realm, in order to provide a source of internal expertise to implement the latest computer simulation approaches.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theories. Through continuous review of the literature, and contact with external experts and DoD peers in the field, the employee shall keep the most current understanding of the field of mathematical simulation of Biological systems.
- Train and oversee technical and scientific staff.
- Provide major contributions to scientific literature and conferences, and report research project results in the form of peer-reviewed publications, technical reports and internal review documents. The employee shall present research results yearly at national and international scientific meetings in the field of toxicology, chemical and biological warfare effects research.
- Assist as an in-house and external consultant. By maintaining collaborative research contacts with external research laboratories, and participating in annual international meetings, the employee shall maintain continuous, up-to-date knowledge of the various required research fields, in order to operate as an “internal” expert to the FHO Division and FHOF Team.
- Coordinate the development of patent applications, if applicable.
- Must be a subject matter expert
- Must possess a PhD degree
- At least 10 years’ experience in evaluating human risks.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and have experience writing proposals, scientific papers, and with presenting at technical conferences.
- Prior experience in aeromedical or force health protection research is desired.
Level One Personnel is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.