Office Interiors is a Maritime-based company that operates on a clear set of values showing our commitment to our People, our Customers, our Environment, our Communities, Results and Integrity.
As our Facilities Coordinator you would share Office Interiors’ vision to “Inspire People to Love the Way They Work,” and mission “to Help Customers Create Productive Work Environments.” As part of our Operations team, your role will be to coordinate maintenance and repairs for multiple buildings and ensure work is completed in a safe and efficient manner.
Reporting to the VP, Operations, you will work independently and have an interest in facilities management and the drive to achieve your results. This position has a heavy focus on organizational skills and building relationships. If you have a positive, “can-do” attitude and enjoy working on a team, this could be the place and role for you.
Key Abilities and Traits
• You fit with Office Interiors’ six Core Values (our People, our Customers, our Environment, our Communities, Results and Integrity)
• You are engaged in the community; community involvement is expected of every member of our team
• You have excellent interpersonal, customer service and communication skills
• You must be able to complete tasks, prioritize work, be flexible, work with minimum supervision, perform strenuous physical activity occasionally (lifting up to 75lbs, utilizing safe working practices) and interact in a professional manner with clients and teammates
• You are organized with solid time management skills and are detail-oriented
• You have strong computer skills including Microsoft 365 (Outlook, Excel), knowledge of E-Automate an asset
• The ability to effectively plan a work schedule and resources to meet deliverables with the ability to multi-task efficiently, prioritize tasks, and work sometimes under time pressure
• Overtime work will occasionally be required in order to meet operational needsWhat you will be doing
• Taking responsibility for the general layout and organization of our warehouse, including the oversight of three distinct tenant spaces
• Assisting in the forklift loading/unloading requirements occasionally
• Monitoring the parking lot and addressing concerns/reminding team members the parking procedures when necessary
• Booking external service requests such as HVAC, plumbing and all other building maintenance for multiple buildings
• Co-chairing JOHSC meetings and ensuring a clean, organized, safe and secure workplace, following Occupational Health and Safety guidelines along with Office Interiors internal safety procedures
• Coordinating internal service requests
• Maintaining forklift maintenance schedule and repairs
• Organizing and maintaining a parts/tools/equipment area of the warehouse and managing inventory control around that.
• Coordinating timely and effective snow removal, garbage & recyclable collection, landscaping coordination, building cleaners and equipment maintenance.
• Experience in a warehouse environment with some experience in facilities or property management
• Strong knowledge of safety legislation and best practices
• Ability to organize tasks, prioritize work, be flexible and work with minimal supervision
• Strong customer service orientation and a team player with an attention to detail
• Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently, competently and timely, even under pressure
- Valid Driver's license
What we offer:
· Competitive compensation
· Comprehensive benefits package
· Company RRSP match plan
· Bonus program
· Three weeks' paid vacation
· Wellness program
· Employee assistance program
· Reimbursement of professional memberships and job-related training
· Internal development programs
· Employee discounts
· An amazing team and company that lives its core values of our People, our Customers, our Environment, our Communities, Safety, Results, Integrity and Growth
· A great working environment and access to a roof-top patio with harbour view and free on-site parking
Director of People and Culture
2 Ralston Avenue
At Office Interiors we are committed to an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported and free from all types of discrimination and harassment. We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women (applying for non-traditional positions), persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of the 2SLGBTQ+ community. We feel it is important as an organization to have a team that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we work, live and play.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in our selection process. Please apply and if you require an accommodation, our recruitment team would be happy to discuss your needs.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position