ICONA Resorts is seeking a Wedding Coordinator for our Avalon location. The Wedding Coordinator is responsible for every aspect of wedding planning. The main duties include selecting venues, determining additional costs, arranging wedding services and monitoring client approval. Working closely with the banquet team and the Director of Sales, this role is responsible for the execution and delivery of all weddings, maximizing revenue, utilization of space, and working to achieve or exceed the defined budgeted revenues for the banquet department.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Conduct menu tastings and detail meetings with the contracted parties
2. Coordinating details, i.e., Creating floor plans, coordinating vendors, on site as day of contact person and following wedding until completion
3. Data entry for all event details into Reserve
4. Conducting site tours as needed
5. Process financials for event
6. Communicate event details with staff I.e., BEO meetings
7. Assist with event setup
8. Swift response time to clients via email or phone
9. Weekly attendance to Aloha Culture Meeting
1. Guest Focus
2. Communication Proficiency
3. Organizational Skills
4. Stress Management/Composure
5. Time Management
7. Teamwork Orientation
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position operates in all aspects of the food & beverage department and indoor/outdoor in all type of weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. The position may require lifting of products weighing up to 50 pounds.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
· Stand- Over 3/4th of the time
· Walk- Over 3/4th of the time
· Sit- Under 1/3rd of the time
· Use hands to fingers, handle or feel- Over 2/3rd of the time
· Reach with arms and hands- Over 2/3rd of the time
· Climb or balance- Up to 1/3rd of the time
· Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl- Up to 2/3rd of the time
· Talk or hear- Over 2/3rd of the time
· Lift minimum of 5lbs.- 50 lbs.- Over 2/3rd of the time
· Adherence to all policies and procedures delineated in the ICONA Handbook
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. This role requires forty plus hours to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or equivalent required
2. Two years food & beverage experience
3. Two years banquet serving experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
1. Compliant with state Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.