The Cook Hotel is looking for a part-time Front Desk Agent with customer service experience. The Front Desk Agent answers, assists, and directs all telephone calls to appropriate parties in a professional and courteous manner. The Front Desk Agent performs related clerical work and checks in arriving guests, assigns rooms and keys and pays close attention to room availability. The Front Desk Agent also checks out guests and provides suggestions for places to visit, eat and shop as needed. The Front Desk Agent is responsible for helping provide the highest quality customer experience at The Cook Hotel.
- High school degree or equivalent is required.
- Flexible schedule required - must have the ability to work nights, weekends, and LSU football game day
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field: management, operations, communications, hospitality, marketing, or business is preferred.
- 1-2 years working in a hotel/resort, or within the hospitality business preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent customer relations skills.
- Oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to use and learn computer programs such as Microsoft Office and OPERA.
- Organizational skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand for long periods of time. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.