Geotechnical Instrumentation Performance Monitor
JOIN, WORK, SUCCEED!
Terracon Geotechnique Ltd. – an employee owned, western Canada based company, is looking for a Geotechnical Instrumentation Performance Monitor to join our team in Fort McMurray, AB. We are in search of individuals with education and/or experience in Civil, Geotechnical Technology.
You’ll be able to apply your experience of geotechnical instrumentation (Slope Inclinometers, Vibrating Wire Piezometers, Standpipe Piezometers, Offtake Monitoring and other Geotechnical instruments) as well as Visual Performance monitoring of geotechnical dam structures. The successful candidate will be joining a large team in which one can find future potential to provide further experience such as QA/QC monitoring of earthworks and Geology practices. As an Instrumentation Technologist you will take ownership over field execution which includes your safety and quality performance with the goal to achieve project milestones.
This role is full-time, field-based positions, which require close alignment with Terracon’s S.I.T.E. values (Safety, Integrity Teamwork and Entrepreneurism). Terracon’s goal is to support its employees in developing their careers by providing a wide variety of technical and leadership opportunities allowing for continued progression of skills and competencies.
If you have this experience and/or education and would like to further your career, the opportunity exists with Terracon.
This is a Fly-In, Fly-Out Camp-Based role at Suncor Fort Hills Oil Sands. Charter flights to and from site are provided from Calgary and Edmonton.
Summary of Responsibilities
· Inspect geotechnical instruments for wear and tear before installation
· Conduct geotechnical instrumentation readings
· Inspect and maintain equipment assigned, report any required repairs or replacements.
· Maintain log books and inspection records
· Review all data to ensure quality
· Routine data reporting and hazard identification
· Instrumentation is located across the mine environment in outdoor field locations that regularly require access by foot and/or off-road driving
· Driving in an active mine and interacting with heavy equipment
What We’re Looking For
· Degree/Diploma in Civil Engineering/Geology, or Technology, or an equivalent combination of education and field experience
· Minimum 1-year of experience in the technical field-based role
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong team player skills, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
· Excellent time management and prioritization skills
· Preference will be given to those who have a membership with ASET
· Strong commitment to safety, knowledge of safety regulations and experience in implementing safety procedures on mining projects
· Strong driving skills operating a 4x4 vehicle in an off-roading setting
Why Join Terracon?
· Work with a group of people who have a passion for excellence and share common values
· The ability to make a difference every day, working alongside a wide range of dedicated engineers, geoscientists, technologists as well as a talented group of people who support the business
· You will have an opportunity to share your expertise and develop solutions working with various clients on interesting projects
· A competitive employee package including health & dental wellness plans, employee incentives, and RRSP/TFSA financial wellness plan
Working Conditions, Schedule, and Physical Requirements
· Legally authorized to work in Canada on an ongoing basis
· Must have valid driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract and 2 years’ experience in the industry field
· Must be physically able to perform field work as required. A fitness for work test will be performed before hired
· Successfully complete a drug & alcohol test
· Ability to work on a rotational schedule including days and nights; schedule may involve 12-hour shifts
Terracon’s Mission, Vision, and Values
Our Mission is to help ensure projects are designed, built, and maintained with the sound application of geotechnical, geoscience, environmental and safety standards so that they operate effectively and safely. Our Vision is to be an industry leader by building best in class technical, safety, and professional standards into everything we do. We are at our best when our collective and individual actions are guided by our SITE Values (Safety, Integrity, Teamwork, Entrepreneurism).
Connect with us!
Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn to stay up to date with job opportunities, safety tips, and general information.
Terracon is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from those who would contribute to the further diversification of our employees and clients including but not limited to Indigenous peoples, women, persons with disabilities and person of any ethnic and national or socio-economic background.
Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.