About Atlantic Housing Foundation:
Atlantic Housing Foundation, Inc. is a 501(c) 3
not-for-profit affordable housing provider. Founded in 1999, we currently own
and operate over 10,000 units of multifamily properties in 6 states and 37
cities. In addition to HUD, HAP and LIHTC properties, Atlantic Housing owns and
operates low and mixed-income multifamily assets, student housing and senior
About the Service Technician role:
The Service Technician is responsible for assisting
with overseeing the physical property, general maintenance repairs,
preventative maintenance, and construction or rehabilitation projects for the
apartment community. He or she will handle grounds keeping, onsite amenities
upkeep, and will be required to respond to on-call/after hour emergencies. The
Service Technician is also responsible for make-ready process in a manner
consistent with the property’s operational objectives under the supervision of
the Lead Service Technician (indirectly) and Community Manager (directly).
Additionally, he or she is responsible for adhering to federal, state and local
laws pertaining to Fair Housing and OSHA regulations.
job description should not be considered all-inclusive. It is merely a guide of
expected duties. The employee understands that the job description is neither
complete, nor permanent and may be modified at any time. At the request of
their supervisor, an employee may be asked to perform additional duties or take
on additional responsibilities.
Why Should You Apply?
believe in the AHF mission and core values
are the best at what you do
meet the qualifications below
every two weeks
phone reimbursement every pay period
satisfactory performance, will pay for your EPA certification
for upward mobility
Paid Company Holidays
hours of Volunteer Time Off annually
Paid Time Off accrual
role is eligible for overtime
discount if live on-site
health care insurance plans that cover medical, dental, prescription,
vision, and employer HSA contributions
- Competitive 401(k) Program with employer matching contributions
- High school diploma or equivalent (required)
- 2+ years of multi-family maintenance experience or at least 2+ years
of commercial maintenance experience (preferred)
- EPA Sec 608 Certification - either a Type I (small appliances)
plus Type II (AC's), or Type Universal (preferred)
- Familiar with plumbing repairs, tile work, HVAC equipment,
appliances, carpentry repairs, electrical repairs and all facets of apartment
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver's license and be
able to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to stand and/or sit for long periods of time, as well as
move through the community and maneuver around equipment, climb ladders for
- Must be willing to be on-call.
- Must be able to climb up and down a ladder.
- Ability to effectively communicate with tenants and property staff.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing 50 pounds or
- Ability to work occasionally in poor weather
conditions, including heat, cold, rain, or snow.
Atlantic Housing Foundation, Inc. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled