ABOUT VERTAVA HEALTH: Vertava Health is a leading national behavioral healthcare system for mental health and substance use disorders, providing a full continuum of services based on the individuals' varying needs at different times in their health and recovery journey. We apply evidence-based treatment modalities at every level of care and embed digital health tools to enhance and amplify clinical outcomes. With a growing list of Joint Commission accredited inpatient and outpatient locations across the country, a virtual care platform and a national network of healthcare providers, Vertava Health pioneers care that empowers people so that they can live out their best future.
In order to make this possible, we need an exceptional Triage Specialist who can meet the requirements below. Think you have what it takes to help us change lives all over the country?
The Triage Specialist will be responsible for maintaining a therapeutic environment in the lobby while clients wait for their appointments. Staff will also be responsible for answering phones, scheduling appointments/assessments, and collecting payment at time of services rendered.
- Answer phones promptly utilizing the skills/techniques approved by administration.
- Schedule appointments as requested for all new and current clients via approved electronic medical record system.
- Refer clients as appropriate to other departments within the company (Assessment, Business Office, Nursing, Medications, etc.)
- Ensure all documentation with regards to client communication, provider communication, etc. are completed in a timely manner (within 24 hours of occurrence).
- Ensure initial forms are completed as appropriate for all new and current clients.
- Maintain a clean and tidy waiting area for clients
- Complete the schedule for physicians and pull charts for the following day.
- Audit charts for paperwork and cards on file for assigned providers.
Note: The essential job functions of this position are not limited to the duties listed above.
- Education: High school diploma or GED
- Experience: A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in customer service, preferably in medical or psychiatric setting.
- Additional Requirements: A thorough knowledge of HIPAA compliance and company policy and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exhibit basic computer skills including, but not limited to: Microsoft Office, Email Correspondence, Electronic Medical Record System
- Exhibit good judgement in briefly assessing client needs and referring to appropriate providers/programs (i.e., referring for PHP/IOP screenings, referring to providers with certain specialties, etc.).
- Knowledge of facility policies and procedures.
- Ability to use good judgment and keep information confidential.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in an emergency.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk and reach continually
- Ability to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch frequently
- Ability to frequently lift and carry up to 20 lbs. and occasionally lift and carry up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to use hands and fingers, talk or hear
- Work environment is indoors and climate controlled
Vertava Health is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled