This position reports to the Human Resources Manager and is responsible for compiling and keeping personnel records, recording data for each employee, such as address, weekly earnings, absences and date of and reason for termination, compiling reports from employment records, filing employment records, searching employee files and furnishing information to authorized persons, entering employee time into payroll system, processing payroll, and assisting with Benefit Administration.
- Explain company personnel policies, benefits, and procedures to employees or job applicants.
- Answer questions regarding personnel actions, eligibility, salaries, benefits, and other pertinent information.
- Record data for each employee, including such information as addresses, weekly earnings, absences, amount of sales or production, supervisory reports on performance, and dates of and reasons for terminations.
- Review time sheets, work charts, wage computation, and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
- Compile employee time, production, and payroll data from time sheets and other records.
- Verify attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and post information onto designated records.
- Review, input, and process payroll semi-monthly for the entire company electronically using the vendor selected by the company.
- Record employee information, such as exemptions, transfers, and resignations, to maintain and update payroll records.
- Issue and record adjustments to pay related to previous errors or retroactive increases.
- Process and assist with Benefits Administration.
- Research and complete employment verifications on current and terminated employees.
- Pull data to be used in the call report each quarter.
- Review FSA report each Friday and fund to employee financial accounts as indicated. Maintain updated FSA spreadsheet.
- Review daily overdraft report for employee accounts. Notify HR Director, Officer of Accounts, of any overdrafts or other issues.
- Process 401(k) report and loan report to prepare ACH wire transfers for 401(k) contributions and loan payments each payroll.
- Review and process all benefit enrollment forms to include medical, dental, vision. Notify TPA of all new hires in order for COBRA documents to be processed. Notify TPA of all terminations for COBRA purposes. Process COBRA elections into appropriate benefit website.
- Prepare all termination paperwork for employee turnover; i.e. terminate benefits on the appropriate websites, prepare DOL form, calculate accrued, unused vacation to determine payout amount, terminate employee from Netchex and CSI system
- Input all new hires into Netchex and CSI system upon receipt of the approved PCN form.
- Maintain bank’s Time and Attendance database with all current employee data; i.e. personal hours twice a year, holidays each year and for new hires, pull reports to update prior-year vacations, etc.
- Special Payrolls should be handled as instructed by the HR Manager or HR Director; i.e. bonus payroll, HSA payroll (twice a year and with new hire eligibility).
- Handle Open Enrollment administrative process; prepare communications for employees, update forms as needed, update intranet with new pricing and information, receive and review all employee elections for the new benefit year, input into the payroll and benefits websites.
- Review and process monthly insurance billing against the payroll deductions, notify broker and insurance company of any billing discrepancies, request approvals based upon limits of approval from management, maintain copies and forward to Accounting for payment.
- Prepare New Year documents such as Holiday Schedule, Payroll Schedule, calculation of working days.
Experience and Education:
High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate); College preferred or a combination of education and experience will be considered. Over 2 years, up to and including 4 years of Human Resources Experience.
Resource Bank strives to be the “employer of choice” EEO\Minority\Female\Vets\Disabled