Sommelier - The Barrington Steakhouse & Oyster Bar
At Murphy Hospitality Group we pride ourselves on an exceptionally high standard of quality service and products. It takes the best people to reach this higher standard of excellence. We believe in extensive training and providing our people with an excellent benefits program, competitive wages, advancement and professional development opportunities. At MHG it’s all about the people!
The Barrington Steakhouse & Oyster Bar
At The Barrington Steakhouse our team believes in a philosophy that to provide the Barrington experience, it takes a relentless commitment to great steaks, fresh seafood and maritime hospitality coming together to create the ultimate dining experience. In the walls of our restaurant, are talented, dedicated industry professionals, who are committed to their products, guests, and the experience they deliver. They bring passion to the restaurant each day.
At the Barrington, we are looking for a hard working induvial that has a true passion for wine and would like to pursue a career in fine dining. The Sommelier will work along with the rest of the team to ensure a culture exists that promotes having fun at work while providing guests with memorable experiences only the Barrington can provide. They will make wine selection and tasting an experience, educating, and engaging our guests. Our team members are industry professionals, independent thinkers and take great pride in the service they provide.
As Sommelier, You Will
- Make recommendations and answer questions regarding wines
- Recommend wines that complement guests’ meal
- Maintaining wine lists
- Organized and monitor wine training programs for the team and work with bar team to encourage continuous learning and product knowledge
- Perform any other duties as required by management
- Building relationships with wine suppliers
- Demonstrate and communicate the Barrington Steakhouse vision to all team members and lead by example;
- Work with the Head Chef to create unique pairings
Who You Are
- Positive, goal-oriented individual with a desire for personal and professional development within the hospitality industry
- A genuine care for guest service and the hospitality industry
- Work well in a team environment
- A desire to have fun at work, when you have fun our guests do too
What You Bring
- Must possess a minimum of 2-3 years restaurant bar experience;
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong focus on developing their knowledge in wines
What We Offer
- Growth and professional development opportunities
- Employee Family Assistance Programs
- Comprehensive Health, Vision and Dental Benefits
- MHG Wellness & Fitness programs
- Discounts from local shops and MHG locations
- Opportunity to become a Certified Sommelier
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position