Support, promote, and enhance the mission,
vision, and strategic direction of the BGCGH. Lead the
organization in a data and impact driven culture. Develop and manage data
systems for the overall programmatic operations for BGCGH. Create systems that
support the sustainability of clean and accurate data. Manage overall programmatic
and operational recording and tracking of major reports, with primary concern
for data management processes, guidelines, implementation, reporting and record
keeping; communication with appropriate administrative and Club staff,; and training
and administration on relevant data tracking systems.
Assessment and Data
- Lead and execute critical data projects to inform
the decision making of operations of BGCGH programs.
- Maintain highest level of client data security by
establishing and following data policies and procedures. Identify data
security vulnerabilities and issues and research best practices and
- Lead the efforts on continuous quality
improvement and support the deeper analysis of critical data.
- Lead ongoing communication with executive, management
and appropriate staff regarding interpretation of outcome measurement
tools and grant reporting deadlines and requirements.
- Lead data driven culture by providing training
and support to staff on use of data for high level impact,
- Develop and maintain accurate, up-to-date
reporting that aligns with the needs of the organization.
- Ensure Club staff understands (a) grant
implementation; (b) recording of outcome measurement data; and (c)
reporting deadlines and requirements.
- Evaluate (a) grant implementation; (b) recording
of outcome measurement tools; and (c) reporting deadlines and requirements
by Club staff.
- Ensure Club staff is progressively trained to utilize all
components of COMET and other data management systems.
- Evaluate Club COMET and/or other data management implementation
Assist in evaluative and
research efforts by external evaluators.
- Coordinate and submit BGCA, United Way, NYOI, and other requested
annual reports with input from other departments.
- Analyze data gathered and used for reporting to
identify trends and gaps impacting program quality. Make recommendations
for improving and streamlining data collection processes.
electronic or hard copy of all data files pertaining to grants and other
- Manage, monitor and ensure proper use of COMET to
accurately record visitor, member, staff and volunteer activity in Clubs.
- Ensure COMET is maintained and updated as needed.
- Provide recommendation and support on migration
of database systems.
- Establish key performance metrics that support
the programmatic operations.
edited interim and final grant reports by prescribed deadlines.
additional reports including demographic and program impact upon request
by Vice President of Program Services and Development Department.
- Support Vice President of Program Services &
Club Operations in management of partner contacts and relationships.
- Coordinate relationships with school districts, college/university
partners, and other partner organizations, and granting agencies to ensure
data collection, transfer and reporting is continuous and accurate.
- Work with granting agencies to clarify policies,
procedures and interpretation of grant requirements as needed.
- Continue ongoing communication with appropriate agency
management and staff regarding grant activity and reporting requirements.
- Performs regular administrative duties, preparing
correspondence and reports as requested by supervisor and composes draft
letters following established formats.
Proofreads all materials for accuracy prior to supervisory review
- Maintains Program and Operations calendar,
scheduling meetings and making logistical arrangements necessary for
internal and external meetings. May
prepare meeting agenda and minutes, as requested.
- Creates and publishes weekly Program & Club
Operations data and information updates through constant contact or other
- Serve as contact for special projects as assigned
- Perform other related specialized administrative
duties as requested.
- Coordinate purchase of supplies or equipment.
- Work with staff on special events
- Assume other duties related to Programs & Operations
as needed or assigned by Vice President, Program Services & Club
Internal: Maintain close contact with Club professional staff
to interpret and explain organizational mission, program objectives and
standards, discuss issues, and provide/receive information pertaining to
special projects, grants and COMET. Maintain close contact with Vice President of
Program Services, and the entire Programs & club Operations team, as well
as the Development and Finance departments.
External: Maintain contact with external community groups,
schools, members’ parents and others to assist in resolving problems, meet
grant guidelines and to publicize the Club.
A minimum of 5
years work experience in a non-profit agency operations management and
supervision, or an equivalent combination of experience and education; Bachelor’s
degree strongly preferred;
knowledge of: the mission, objectives, policies, programs and procedures of
Boys & Girls Clubs; of the principles and practices of non-profit organizations.
establish and maintain effective working relationships with Club staff,
subordinates, Board members, community groups, and other related agencies.
Must be able to
interpret Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Houston programs and philosophy.
computer skills, including Microsoft Office programs
data manipulation and interaction with internal information systems, including
reporting tools and production systems.
quantitative and qualitative analytics, examining and re-engineering operations
and procedures, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
and business problem-solving skills.
communication skills, both verbal and written.
and project management skills.
manage multiple projects.
with and attention to detail
with people at all levels of the organization.
evaluate, make effective decisions and develop alternative solutions.
The information presented indicates the general nature
of work and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be
interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities,
qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF GREATER HOUSTON INC. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled