Junior Developers are independent, resourceful, and enjoy working as part of a team to learn and constantly look for ways to improve the company’s software. In this role, Junior Developers on a system that facilitates connections between businesses and their customers, through a combination of appointments, lobby queuing, and third party integrations. Additionally, this role actively and excitedly takes part in various discussions surrounding design, code reviews, and best practices.
- Enjoys working hands on
- Enjoys working with web based applications
- Strong interest in resolving technical challenges related to calendaring
- Self-driven and highly motivated to deliver incredible solutions with minimal guidance
- Adapts quickly to changes in business requirements
- Define, design, and implement object-oriented distributed software applications.
- Stay current with trends, techniques, technology and other factors impacting the job.
- Collaborate, Collaborate, Collaborate!
- Actively participate in team meetings and offer recommendations / ideas on design projects.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience writing / working with REST and associated technologies (JWT, JWE, JSON-API, etc)
- Experience in object-oriented programming, preferably (but not restricted to) PHP
- Experience in server-side software development (Laravel)
- Experience working with command line interfaces
- Understand the concepts behind/practice with TDD
- Interest in docker, kubernetes, and other container technologies
- Interest in utilizing best practices when building integrations to third party systems
- Interest in developing a security first mentality
- MariaDB (MySQL) experience
Who is Coconut Software?
Coconut Software is a fast-paced, venture-backed Enterprise Appointment Scheduling platform with offices in Toronto and Saskatoon with the mission to innovate and elevate the appointment scheduling experience for enterprises and their customers.
Join a talented and motivated team who love the idea of being on the launch pad of a start-up and have the passion and drive to inspire and execute - all in a work environment where culture and "doing it right" matter.
Modernizing how Banks and Credit Unions engage because everyone’s time is money.
Collaboration. Honesty. Empathy. Encouragement. Respect. Sharing.
- Health & Dental Benefits
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan (ESOP)
- Apple Equipment
- Parking Allowance
- Social Committee Activities
- Professional Development
- Amazing Holiday Parties
- Cabana Days - 8 additional paid days off annually
- A People-First Company - 4.9 rating on Glassdoor