The ROW Maintenance Technician will be responsible for assisting in the implementation of Medallion’s One Call Program consisting of the training of One Call response personnel, site excavation monitoring and ticket management system monitoring to ensure compliance with local, state and federal laws.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the compliance of company and contract employees with Medallion’s One Call Procedures
- Assist in training Employees and/or Contractors who perform locate activities on Medallion Pipeline facilities, including locate techniques/abilities, excavation monitoring, and AOC’s.
- Assist in the monitoring of the Irthnet system to ensure compliance with applicable laws/statutes and company policy.
- Assist in generating reports of one call activity
- Assist Field spot checks to ensure the accurate and timely locating of Medallion’s facilities and the safe excavation of the same and witnessing excavations as necessary.
- Provides locate services as needed in any of the areas of responsibility and addressing to relief needs for One Call response personnel.
Public Awareness / RP1162 Compliance
- Participate in Medallion Pipeline’s Public Awareness meetings and initiatives
- Assist with presentations as necessary on Medallion Pipeline's Damage Prevention Program to the four stakeholder groups required in API 1162
- Assist with face to face meetings with excavators, contractors, emergency responders and with the documentation of those meetings
- Attend Root Cause Analysis meetings for third party damage
- Assist in the implementation of Pipeline Awareness education programs for communities and perform training as required
- Participate in roundtable meetings with neighbor companies to develop more effective collaborative Public Awareness meetings and Damage Prevention efforts with Emergency Responders, Public Officials, and excavators
- Receives air patrol report findings and responds to or dispatches to appropriate field personnel for site investigations
- Reconciles follow-up reports to applicable patrol findings
- ROW Maintenance/Line Marking
- Assist in landowner complaints/disputes
- Ensure that Medallion Pipeline’s ROW’s and facilities are marked and maintained according to CFR 195
- Maintain supplies of API, Aerial and Facility signage as necessary
- Assist in the oversight of any necessary crews/equipment for the purpose of marking, mowing, spraying, etc. of Medallion’s facilities/ROW
Knowledge and Skills:
- High School diploma. Prefer Associate’s degree in a related technical field
- Effective use of computer/software
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with administration of Right of Way Programs
- Good written and verbal skills
- Respects and effectively interacts with team members and 3rd parties.
- High level of technical knowledge of Right of Way operations.
- Strong understanding of DOT, OPS, TRRC compliance regulations.
- High level of technical knowledge in facilities layout, line locating, line marking, line mapping and using GPS instrumentation.
- Ability to interpret regulations, determine the impact on pipeline/terminal operations and assist with the implementation of compliance.
- Must commit to and demonstrate the company’s core values: Respect, Responsiveness, and Commitment to Serve.
- Works both indoors and outdoors in and around industrial and electrical equipment with temperature extremes due to weather conditions and operating equipment.
- Uses physical force to lift, push, pull and hold equipment and tools. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs., manually transport a load up to 75 lbs., and apply up to 100-foot-pounds of torque.
- Climbs and works at various heights and may work in a standing, sitting, lying down, crouched or kneeling position. Must be able to bend, stoop, move from ground level to higher levels.
- Routinely reacts to visual, aural and other signals, including alarms and instructions, and is required to visually inspect work.
- May work in confined spaces (i.e. tanks, between compressors, vessels).
- Must have the ability to get in and out of vehicles regularly and ride over rough roads.
About this Company:
Medallion Midstream is one of the fastest growing pipeline companies in the Permian Basin area. Exciting new growth, developing markets, and innovative ways to help move energy are some of the reasons why today's professionals are discovering rewarding opportunities with Medallion Midstream.
We are committed to our core values – Respect, Responsiveness, and Commitment to Serve – and believe in hiring people who are aligned with these values to ensure success as an organization. Our employees are offered a competitive compensation package, in addition to a great benefits package that provides employees with the flexibility to make elections based on their personal and family needs.
If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion for success and can commit to our core values, we invite you to apply today.
Medallion Midstream, LLC is an employer that offers equal opportunities. We evaluate qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, origin, disability, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics.