Senior Developers at Coconut Software act as the technical lead for projects by creating solutions that meet market needs relating to architecture, implementation, testing and maintenance. Senior Developers oversee and mentor Junior / Intermediate Developers within the organization and are responsible for designing fully functioning, debugged code with required documentation that meets development goals. This role has a strong focus on business outcomes and the relationship between departmental development goals and overall company goals. The successful candidate for this role will understand how to motivate and engage a team while having the leadership skills needed to influence effective team work and task work throughout the development cycle in order to drive business outcomes. Finally, the candidate will partake in customer conversations to ensure the right value product or feature is being delivered.
YOU ARE FIRED UP TO:
- Assist in requirements gathering, articulate updates, and subscribe to a customer first approach to software development
- Design, code, and test major features in collaboration with team members from all aspects of the organization beyond development to deliver complex updates.
- Maintain and modify existing applications.
- Provide design documents and documentation to ensure efficient maintenance and code reuse.
- Ensure the functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules and system architecture for each assignment.
- Interact with key partners and internal users regarding timelines, technical issues, and infrastructure integration.
- Lead through mentorship while elevating junior and intermediate developers.
- Provide recommendations for improvements in the overall development process.
- Ensure delivery schedule is on track and keep (internal) customers informed of the progress.
- Stay current with trends, techniques, technology and other factors impacting the job.
- Actively participate in team meetings and offer recommendations /ideas on design projects.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience writing / working with REST and associated technologies (JWT, JWE, etc)
- Strong understanding of GIT and associated workflows (pull requests, code reviews)
- Advanced understanding of object-oriented programming, preferably in (but not restricted to) PHP 7+
- Advanced understanding in server-side software development, preferably with (but not restricted to) Laravel, or CakePHP
- MariaDB (MySQL) experience
Who is Coconut Software?
Coconut Software makes it effortless for customers to connect with their financial institution. Our enterprise appointment scheduling and lobby management solutions are used by leading banks and credit unions across North America, including RBC Royal Bank, Arvest Bank, Vancity and Rogue Credit Union. The result? A seamless customer experience that’s improved NPS scores, reduced wait times and increased conversion rates for the organizations who use it.
Founded in Saskatoon, by 2018 Woman Entrepreneur of the Year, Katherine Regnier, we’ve grown to over 75 employees with offices in Saskatoon, Toronto and a remote team distributed across Canada. After completing the Google Accelerator for Startups and having just closed our Series B funding round (raised $28M CDN led by Klass Capital), we have ambitious growth plans to scale the team and continue to bring exciting new products to market!
Company perks include Cabana Days (extra vacation days), our Tiki Bucks Incentive Plan, and an annual wellness spending account, Coconut has a company culture that is best in class. With a foundation in and emphasis on people, passion, and performance, we are seen as the disruptor in our space.
We believe in a world where advisors can create long lasting relationships with their customers and operate more efficiently.
Collaboration. Honesty. Empathy. Elevate. Respect. Sharing.
- Health & Dental Benefits featuring Virtual Care
- Annual Wellness Spending Account
- Remote Work Opportunities
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan
- Internet Subsidy
- Social Committee Activities
- Professional Development
- Competitive Salaries - we want to pay you fairly based on your experience and expertise, not your ability to negotiate!
- Cabana Days - 8 additional paid days off annually
- Tiki Bucks Incentive Program
- A People First Company - 4.8 rating on Glassdoor
We are proud to have been named as a Great Place to Work in Canada and one of the Best Workplaces for Inclusion, Best Workplaces for Today's Youth, and Best Workplaces for Mental Wellness, in 2021.