SmartLinx is looking for an Android Developer. This ideal candidate is capable of working in a fast-paced Agile environment, working cooperatively with a multi-functional team, teaching and advising other engineers, participating in the design process with Product Managers, and assessing alternative solutions to problems. This individual will be a critical member of a small engineering team developing software and applications for Android based hardware devices.
Key Areas of Responsibility
● Designing, Writing and Testing Android applications built on Custom Built Android Hardware.
● Good knowledge of Android APIs.
● Communicate and participate with team members in a fast Agile environment integrating Android Application with host based C# Software as a Service Application on Azure.
● Communicate with Hardware Engineering group on functionality of Android Hardware. ● Strong interpersonal skills, experience in project leadership and orientation in team concepts are essential for success in this position.
● BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent highly desirable;
● Good working knowledge of Kotlin/Java
● Knowledge of the “Reactive Manifesto” is a definite PLUS.
○ RxJava, Observable, functional/reactive paradigm
● 3+ year of Android platform experience
● Good working understanding the Android Platform stack and experience communicating with hardware peripherals and USB interfaces is a PLUS
● Android application development experience
● UI/UX Experience: Experience in designing user interfaces that work across multiple Android form factors
● Familiarity with JIRA / Atlassian Tools / Agile a PLUS.
● Understanding of RESTful Web Services.
● Understanding/Knowledge of Material design
● Passion for clean code, reusability, testability and readability (SOLID)
● Experience in SaaS/Cloud application development and deployment into production is a PLUS
● Skilled at object-oriented analysis and design
Preferably, this person should have some experience to connect android Kiosk style programs with SDK/API to some external devices such as card readers, printers, Scanner.