Do you want to work in a friendly, professional and supportive organization? Do you have a desire to serve those who bravely served our country? If so, COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
~Supportive Services for Veteran Families Program~
4 WEEKS Paid-Time Off!, Birthday Holiday, PLUS MORE!
- Monmouth & Ocean Counties
- Morris & Essex
A full-time mobile position providing case management services and eligibility screening to veterans in the Supportive Services for Veteran Families Program.
- Provides case management services including intake, assessment, housing stabilization, budgeting, financial entitlements/benefits, case conferences, referrals for adjunctive services, family meetings, advocacy, and liaison with other community and governmental agencies, landlords, real estate agents, and real estate brokers.
- Provides linkage and referral for mental health, substance abuse, legal, and other service needs.
- Provides eligibility screening to applicants and collects and maintains accurate and detailed records.
- Meets with participants in community settings such as shelters, jails, hospitals, and private residences.
- Documents service delivery accurately and timely while ensuring veteran confidentiality.
- Enters intake, contact, housing stability plans, temporary financial assistance, and other information in the electronic health record in a timely and accurate manner.
- Transports veterans in agency vehicles in a safe, cautious, and responsible manner.
- Conducts housing inspections to ensure safe and adequate housing for all participants.
- Attends and organizes outreach events in the community including outreach in encampments, under bridges, outdoors, in shelters, stand-downs, soup kitchens, houses of worship, or other places where the homeless congregate.
- Functions as a team member by covering shifts, communicating all relevant information to other team members, and covering co-workers’ duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or a related field.
- 1 year of case management experience, preferably in working with veterans or the homeless.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, with a good driving record.
- Must reside locally to the assigned service catchment area.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred but not required.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Request Priority Protected Veteran Referral. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled Contact.
~We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply including Native American, people of color, women, LGBTQ+, people of all abilities, veterans and veteran spouses.~
Community Hope, Inc. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled