Moonlight Basin is located right in the middle of the best things to see and do in Montana. You can visit Yellowstone National Park. Explore the national forest and wilderness lands. Come down to the town of Big Sky and shop, eat, and catch some music. Bozeman is a short drive and easily accessible by Skyline Bus.
Whether it’s winter or summer, Moonlight Basin is something you won’t soon forget. The mountain scenery, the direct access to some of the finest skiing at Big Sky Resort, the hiking, the golf and so much more all add up to the perfect place to work and enjoy Montana.
There’s a side of Big Sky, Montana that speaks to those seeking something special. A vast 8,000-acre landscape where stunning natural beauty and an endless array of alpine adventures blend together to create a private club and mountain living experience like no other.
- The Maintenance Technician will be accountable for performing all daily tasks associated with engineering duties including, but not limited to: perform general repairs and services in all maintenance-related disciplines, e.g. carpentry, mechanics, plumbing, and minor electrical.
- Prioritize work orders through urgent requests and established down times in order to minimize inconveniencing guests.
- Complete any and all assigned preventive maintenance procedures.
- Participate in OSHA/Safety programs within the organization through awareness in everyday jobs.
- Ability to maintain and repair HVAC, electrical, plumbing equipment.
- Ability to perform carpentry, repair work, construction and renovation work.
- Must possess basic computer skills
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace to facilitate effective communication.
- Requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Able to work flexible hours, including nights, holidays, and weekends.
- Working knowledge of hotel/resort operations.
- Must possess hospitality skills and be guest oriented.
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with members, guests, fellow employees, and department managers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform all daily tasks for upkeep of club facilities, including carpentry, mechanics, plumbing, HVAC, electrical.
- Complete all assigned preventive maintenance tasks according to schedule.
- Prioritize work orders and complete tasks accordingly.
- Work with outside contractors, as directed.
- Maintain effective communication and cooperation with all other departments.
- Maintain positive interactions with all club members and guests, providing a high level of customer service.
- Perform any and all duties as assigned by the Engineering Manager or other members of the senior management team, as deemed appropriate.
- High school diploma or equivalent education.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in a construction or maintenance field.
- Basic computer skills.
- Additional experience in a hotel or resort environment.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of this position and should not serve as an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all the possible duties, tasks and responsibilities for this specific job. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of this position might differ from those outlined above and other duties may be assigned as necessary.