Assistant Manager – School Services
School Food Management Company seeking a dedicated and experienced Supervisor for a leadership position at a catholic high school in New Orleans. This full-time position has a favorable schedule of mostly Monday thru Friday with holidays off. Candidate will be a part of a growing and successful company that is a leader in school food service. Applicants must enjoy working in a school setting and provide a positive and uplifting meal experience.
Candidates for the position of Assistant Manager will possess the following qualities:
- Preferred at least two years of supervisory experience (Restaurant or Food Service)
- Three to Five years’ experience in food service and/or food production
- Ability to pass an extensive nationwide criminal background check
- Top Hospitality and communication skills
- Experience with POS systems and reporting strongly preferred
- Computer knowledge including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel
- Must be able to work independently while keeping Manager updated on all pertinent information
- Serve Safe Certification
Duties of the Assistant Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Driving results for effective cost controls for food, Beverage, Paper supplies, Chemicals, and Labor
- Achieve objectives in food quality, service, sanitation, and merchandising
- Work with Manager for ordering and receiving of product while maintaining appropriate par levels of all products needed for service
- Work, hands on, with team members with cooking and service daily
- Maintain and continuously coach a clean, safe, and sanitary work environment
- General Cleaning including but not limited to
- Sweeping and moping
- Sanitizing worktables and cafeteria tables
- Cleaning equipment (i.e. ovens, fryers, steamtables, walk-in and reach-in coolers, and freezers
- Washing dishes including trays and silverware as well as pots, pans, and utensils
- Upkeep and cleaning of restrooms facility
- Exterior building areas including entrances and exits, as well as trash receptacle areas.
- Proper record keeping and filing including but not limited to, temperature logs, production records satellite forms, rosters, par levels and inventory.
- Completing physical inventory counts for all products including food, beverage, chemicals paper supplies, etc.
- Participate in team meetings, in person and/or virtually.
- Maintain a positive attitude and image, upholding the standards of service of the company and always speaking clearly and professionally to Students, Faculty, Vendors, and Co-workers
- Preform any other assignments or tasks as directed by Supervisors.
PIGEON CATERING INC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled