Job Title: Clinical Research Coordinator / Nurse
Location: Fort Benning, GA
Hours: 6 day work weeks, 8 hours per day (overtime acceptable). Shift is anticipated to be 6am – 2pm
Type of Hire: Temporary - see job description for project schedule
Pay: Dependent on Experience
Start Date: ASAP (late July/early August)
End Date: April 2021
Number of Candidates Needed: 2 – 1 Mid-Level and 1 Senior Level
The candidates will be supporting Walter Reed Army Institute of Research’s military recruitment efforts by enrolling approximately 1,500 soldiers who are arriving for training for a COVID-19 public health surveillance project. Clinical Research Coordinators will be working alongside Phlebotomists and Technicians to engage with soldiers, administer hard-copy surveys, administer tests and draw blood, and monitor the soldiers throughout the project period.
Summary of work to be done:
Staff will be needed daily, at dawn, to collect specimens and data from Soldiers to test for COVID-19 throughout the day for 6-day workweeks throughout enrollment of 1500 Soldiers over a span of 6 weeks.
· Specimens collected will include blood through venipuncture and nasopharyngeal swabs.
· Data will be collected through self-administration of hard copy surveys.
Anticipated flow will involve Soldiers lining up and passing through multiple stations such as:
1. For ID check, receipt of a bag of labels, survey, blood and nasopharyngeal collection tubes
3. For quality control of ID check performed at #1
4. For venipuncture
5. For nasopharyngeal swab collection
6. For survey collection.
After enrollment has ended, 2 Clinical Research Coordinator staff will be retained to monitor the 1500 Soldiers for occurrence of COVID-19 infection identified by site personnel through symptom and temperature checks. After 12 weeks have passed since initiation of enrollment, follow-up specimen and data collection will be conducted among 1500 enrolled Soldiers. The workflow here will be similar to enrollment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensures site compliance with research protocols by reviewing all regulatory requirements to confirm implementation of appropriate methods, practices, and procedures for all research activities
• Develops accurate source materials and ensures compliance from site staff
• Provides accurate and timely data collection, documentation, entry, and reporting
• Ensures appropriate credentialing and training of the entire team
• Supports the regulatory staff in the maintenance of regulatory documents in accordance with SOP and applicable regulations
• Interfaces with research participants to support efforts to determine eligibility and consenting of soldiers according to protocol
• Communicates and collaborates specific study requirements to the research team
• Ensures compliance with research protocols by providing ongoing quality control audits, including maintaining ongoing investigational drug accountability
• Collects specimens from Soldiers for COVID-19 testing
• Collaborate with other clinical research staff, phlebotomists, and technicians on-site to ensure smooth operations
· RN Certification, Bachelor’s Degree in nursing strongly preferred
· 3-5 years’ experience in nursing for mid-level candidate
· 6+ years’ experience in nursing for senior-level candidate
· Regulated clinical trials experience required for senior-level candidate
Level One Personnel is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.