Family Nurse Practitioner
SUMMARY: Provides general medical care and treatment to patient under the supervision of a physician.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
1. Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions of Physician.
2. Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient’s clinical problems and health care needs.
3. Conduct various laboratory tests.
4. Records physical findings and formulates plan and prognosis based on patient’s condition.
5. Prepares a comprehensive patient care plan.
6. Submit health care plan and goals of individual patients for periodic review and evaluations by Physician.
7. Recommends drugs and other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures.
8. Counsels and advises patients in such areas as substance abuse, recognition and prevention of communicable illnesses; maintaining health lifestyle, etc.
9. Participates in the ARMS Quality Improvement Plan
10. Perform other duties as assigned
Master’s Degree or higher from accredited program of Nursing
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) and/or American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Work experience should demonstrate effectiveness in providing medical care to a lower income population group, and in working with other health care providers in establishing continuity of care.
Ability to make sound medical judgments for patient care based on thorough medical knowledge, as well as current medical standards of care.
Ability to guide and counsel patients and families on health maintenance from various economic, educational, and cultural backgrounds.
Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other health care professionals.
Ability to work effectively as a part of the ARMS team.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $85,000.00 per year
**Eligible employer for HRSA Loan Repayment and Public Service Loan Forgiveness Programs**
- 401(k) matching
- Continuing education credits
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Loan repayment program
- Malpractice insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Internal Medicine
- Primary Care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Master's (Required)
- Clinical Nurse Practitioner: 2 years Required
- AANP and/or ANCC Certification/License (Required)
Work Location: One location