3rd Cook / General Helper, Camp
LandSea provides accommodation and catering solutions for workforces in remote locations throughout BC. We believe in and strive towards, "creating good places for people to live. Anywhere." Learn more about us on our website at https://landseacamps.com/
About Working in Remote Camps
Our camps are located in remote areas and staff live on-site (meals and accommodation included) on scheduled shifts and leave camp on scheduled breaks. A typical shift schedule is any of the following: 4 weeks on and 2 weeks off, 3 weeks on and 1 week off or 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off.
Most of our LandSea camps offer individual staff accommodation, ensuite or shared bathroom, full meals, WIFI and some have health/gym facilities for staff. We provide partial uniforms and help with the travel/reservations as needed to and from camp locations.
Camp staff work long hours and multiple days in a row. A typical workday is between 10-12 hours (day or night shift) and overtime rates apply. Health and Wellness benefits are offered after three months.
Health and Safety and a Respectful Workplace are essential for everyone working together at LandSea. Our camps are drug and alcohol-free workplaces, and some require pre-employment drug and alcohol testing. All new staff are required to complete pre-employment onboarding orientations.
Our team members include Clerks, Cleaners, General Helpers, Housekeepers, Janitors, Maintenance, Security, Chefs, Cooks, Bakers, Lodge Managers, Health and Safety Officers and more.
About the Job
The 3rd Cook / General Helper is responsible for assisting in preparing meals and ensuring the kitchen, dining, and living areas are clean and sanitary at all times. This position requires the ability to follow directions, be diligent, focused and consistent. Comfort with kitchen equipment and knife skills are required.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Basic food preparation, including food portioning
- Clean and sanitize all flatware, pots, pans, and plate-ware
- Maintain adequate stock of food and drink in serving areas and minimize leftovers and product waste
- Assist in serving meals, remaining present during scheduled meal periods to receive customer comments and feedback
- Assist anywhere else in the kitchen during production
- Courteous, efficient, and friendly in all customer and employee interactions
- Follow principles of sanitation and safety in handling food and equipment
- Sweep and mop kitchen floors
- Wash worktables, walls and refrigerators
- Remove trash and garbage and place it in designated containers
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Must hold a valid food safety certificate
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to work independently, effectively and efficiently
- Team player
- Camp kitchen experience is an asset
- Stand, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch for long periods of time
- Fast and repetitive movements of fingers, hands, and wrists
- Use muscles to lift, push, pull or carry objects up to 50 lbs
- Use hands to handle objects and tools
- Able to complete up to 12 hours shifts
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol clearance
- Pre-employment Training and Orientation
- Completed Health Questionnaire
- Must have valid Government issued Identification for interview and travel
- Two (2) references from former employers required
- Commuter benefits
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Wellness program
- 10-hour shift
- 12-hour shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Retention bonus
- Culinary Kitchen work: 2 years (required)
- Valid Food safe (required)
- Valid Identification (required)
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.