Peninsula Nursing and
Rehabilitation Center located in Far Rockaway , NY is actively seeking a Nursing
Staffing Coordinator to join our dynamic team of professionals .
Position Summary: The Staffing Coordinator manages the
operational and fiscal activities of the department to include: staffing
levels, budgets, and financial goals. The role also includes responsibility for
maintaining a current schedule for assignments of nursing staff that assures
adequate coverage to meet the patient care needs of this facility.
- Staffing Coordinator experience in a nursing and
- Ability to multi-task, think on your feet and prioritize
in a demanding office environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills required with knowledge of
Smartlinx software a plus
- Minimum Associates Degree
- Generating 28-day nursing department schedule
- Responsible for staff scheduling to include: work
assignments/rotations, employee training, employee vacations, employee
breaks, overtime assignment, back up for absent employees, and shift
- Coordinates with Human Resources for appropriate
- Completes human resource paperwork as necessary.
- Plans and develops systems and procedures to improve
the operating quality and efficiency of the department.
- Allocates and maintains an adequate staffing
schedule/pattern to assure nursing coverage in order to meet daily patient
- Checks daily staffing pattern as scheduled on
- Maintaining daily staffing levers per established par
levels, utilizing a Smartlinx software program
- Excellent customer service etiquette and the ability to
communicate effectively and professionally with employees and clients,
both on the phone and in-person
- Be responsible for day-to-day staffing of cases,
problem-solving, ensuring customer satisfaction
- Prepares payrolls for the current weekly period.
Reconciles daily (or on the next business day) the number of scheduled
staff with the number of employees who reported for duty, and makes
adjustments as necessary
- Build and maintain relationships with contracts to grow
Health and dental benefits
Competitive salary commensurate with experience
We are EOE