This position will be responsible
for the servicing of the residential loans required from time of closing up to delivery
to and payment by secondary market investors.
These duties will include on-boarding the loan to the servicing system,
monitoring first payments from the borrowers, transferring the loans to our
investors and coordinating the transfer of servicing together with preparing all
financial transactions to the general ledger. This position will also be responsible for
collecting and posting payments for construction loans.
This position will work with
the secondary marketing team to coordinate the timing of investor commitments
and loans being purchased by our investors.
Essential Duties and
Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Responsible for timely and accurate system inputs to meet investor
deadlines on loans originated by the bank but committed for sale to a
secondary market investor.
- Process financial transactions within the core loan system (Horizon)
and General Ledger, capturing fees and other relevant information.
- Process purchase advices from secondary market investors and deliver
“loans sold to investors” in a timely manner. Receive, balance and
allocate loan purchase funds.
- Process “payoffs” on core system at the appropriate timing, coinciding
with investor purchases.
- Ensure first payment processes (and letters as applicable) are
handled timely and accurately.
- Process “first payments” as required/received.
- Monitor and balance mortgage related GLs daily.
- Responsible for ensuring items completed in this function report
correctly in monthly production and profit reports.
- Monitor and process any fees collected that should be collected/paid/returned.
- Post customer fees.
- Perform all required reconciliations related to mortgage accounts.
- Ensure all data is loaded correctly and that “year-end” and/or
interim IRS statements are issued on schedule.
- Update core systems to reflect all construction draws correctly.
- Track final payments and close out all system records when
investor sale is complete.
- Prepare and coordinate the transfer of servicing letters with borrowers,
insurance companies and tax authorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field and 5-
7 years of residential mortgage servicing experience, or an equivalent combination
of education and experience.
- Strong problem solving and verbal/ written communication
- Ability to compute basic to moderately complex math
- Proficiency in using personal computers and office products (e.g.,
Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to multi-task.