Legal Services of North Florida has an opening for an SYSTEM ENGINEER in our Tallahassee location. Come work with an expanding organization of great people who do hard work to better the lives of low-income and vulnerable individuals in our communities. Work independently and as part of a team to support the executive leadership team and the functions of a non-profit law firm, with 85+ employees in six offices across North Florida.
The System Engineer is a professional position that both configures client database system to match the changing workflow of the organization and integrates software components into the existing systems to increase efficiencies generate reporting requirements to meet grant requirements and organization needs. Must be detailed oriented and proactive. Candidates should possess a high level of professionalism, be able to exercise good judgment, and have proven experience of effective system configuration and integration of software components. Ideal candidates would have experience being a part of a team that works with users to help facilitate technology changes and considers users interaction with database for optimization.
for candidates with experience with LegalServer or other law practice database and/or a large community organization.
Responsibilities include integrating new software components into existing client database system LegalServer, programming for database modifications, maintaining data integrity and confidentiality, and working with technology vendor professionals to coordinate various platforms in Microsoft office products, LegalServer, and advanced grant management tools.
Qualified applicants will possess:
- A minimum of four years’ experience in a business analyst, database analyst, system engineer, or systems analyst position
- Bachelors and/ or Masters degrees in Computer Science or Management Information Systems can be substituted for experience on a year- for-year basis.
- Excellent communication skills, to include writing and grammar skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and act pro-actively
- Professional demeanor with high standards of confidentiality and ethical judgement
Entry level salary of $45,000 is negotiable. Candidate with experience beyond the minimum qualifications may qualify for higher salary, depending on relevance of the experience. Comprehensive fringe benefits package includes:
- M-F with flexible schedule
- Paid time off includes holidays, sick leave, and personal leave (which after two years, increases to four weeks per year)
- 100% fully paid health insurance for employee & dependent children after 60 days of employment
- Employer paid life insurance policy of $25,000
- Employer contributes 6% to retirement/ 401K plan, after one year of full-time service
- Additional voluntary options of dental, vision, term life, disability, and other insurance coverages are also available.
- Flexible Work plans including remote work options available after 6 months of employment
Applicants must complete Legal Services of North Florida online employment application and submit a resume and cover letter to be considered for this position.
This company is an
equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of race, color,
religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, national
origin, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
any other protected category.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position