· Performs wet chemistry and instrumental methods on process samples to ensure customer quality requirements are met.
· Understands the relationships between analytical tests performed and process operating conditions necessary to produce in-specification product.
· Initiates follow-up testing and troubleshooting support to Process Technicians and Managers.
· Operates and performs minor repairs on laboratory instrumentation including: refract meters, polar meters, spectrophotometers, Karl Fisher moisture analyzer, Colorimeter, TOC (bench top and inline), pH meters, conductivity meters, etc.
· Prepares standards and reagents as needed for instruments / analytical tests.
· Assists with monitoring and audits necessary to ensure Food Safety/plant GMPs.
· Prepares daily analytical reports for operations and management.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
· Able to use reasoning skills to troubleshoot and solve problems.
· Solid written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills – able to manage multiple priorities
· Must be computer literate with MS Office – Word, Excel
- Previous experience working in a quality setting in a manufacturing environment preferred.
· Minimum 1 year experience working in related field.
- Knowledge of various instruments and their use in performing analysis on food products.
- Knowledge of applicable federal regulations regarding laboratories and Food Processing plants.
- Good interpersonal communication and collaborative teamwork.
- Organize and express information in a systematic and logical way.
- Work rotating 12 hour shifts and overtime as required with reliable attendance.
- Apply logical thinking to solve routine and non-routine problems.
- Adapt to changes in technology, policies, procedures, and social systems.
· Bachelor’s degree in a Science program with at least 2 years of Chemistry coursework. Examples may include: Biology, Microbiology, Food Science, Chemistry