Banquet Servers (ref 1031)
Our spectacular Eldorado Resort is situated right on the shores of Okanagan Lake, a few kilometers south of the William R. Bennett bridge. Eldorado Resort consists of Hotel Eldorado, Manteo, and Eldorado Marina, with world-class amenities including multiple outlets, gyms, indoor and outdoor pools, boardwalk, tennis courts, and a private beach.
If you are looking for exciting and rewarding opportunities to showcase your talent and join a team that brings out the best in each other, then we want to hear from you! Our beautiful lakeside property offers a wide range of exciting career opportunities. We offer competitive earnings potential, employee discounts on water sport rentals, discounted food & beverage at all our Argus Properties Ltd owned Restaurants and Hotels, fun social events, and great colleagues!
Seasonal Positions are available in the following positions:
- Banquet Server - These are seasonal positions with start dates April-May 2022 and ending September-October 2022. Start and end
dates may change based on the needs of the business.
Under the direction of the Banquet Management Team, our Banquet Servers help create a positive guest experience through engaging interaction and quality service in our banquet spaces. They are responsible for the set up and take down of function rooms and are knowledgeable in serving techniques for various functions. They must be able to work as a team player within the banquet department and provide professional & friendly service to resort guests.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
You will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standard:
- Be familiar with different types of banquet room set-ups. Ensure each set-up is completed in a neat, professional and efficient manner
- Have knowledge of serving techniques for various types of functions
- Able to serve food and beverage in a professional manner
- Quickly and efficiently remove dishes as guests finish each meal at the end of each meal or function
- Maintain the cleanliness of banquet storage areas and function rooms
- Maintain the stock of linens, cutlery, dishware, glass ware and banquet equipment
- Notifies management of any damage to function rooms
- Collects items left in function rooms and log into lost and found
- Assists in the inspection of function rooms prior to a function
- Ensure all function rooms are “show ready”
- Communicates information to the appropriate hotel personnel
- Works well under pressure, can multitask and is able to prioritize
- Assist in achieving 4-Diamond standards and service levels
- Greet and welcome guests in a pleasant, courteous and respectful manner
- Able to work in a team as well as individually
- Be an active listener and respond to guest and staff needs
- Must be flexible, responsible, efficient and punctual
- Must be energetic and physically fit
- Be a self starter, proactive, have an eye for detail and be aware of surrounding expectations
- Be organized and efficient; keep open line of communication with staff and management
- Be familiar with Kelowna and surrounding area attractions and ongoing events in Eldorado Resort
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Physical Heavy Lifting, transporting of furniture and equipment
- Certifications/Skills: Serving It Right, Food Safe, Customer Service
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position