Commercial Customer Service Representative 8 Months Contract
If you are an experienced, energetic and customer-focused administrative professional, interested in joining a dynamic family-owned entrepreneurial organization where you can make a difference, then look no further! We are looking for an individual who shares our passion for this industry and who strives for excellence as our business continues to grow.
Who We Are
Emterra Group is a dynamic, growth-oriented, and safety-focused group of companies. organizations have been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing collection and processing for recycling, organics, and waste that keep our communities clean and safe. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an energetic and driven employee to support our growing company and play a crucial role in waste diversion and the circular economy. Emterra is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers, a certified diverse supplier of the Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC) and the Canadian Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBE).
Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with Emterra Group
- Opportunity to be part of one of Canada’s Greenest Employers!
- Competitive wages and annual wage increases!
- Comprehensive health benefits (drug, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance)!
- Employee Assistance Program, paid for by the Company!
- Tuition reimbursement program and professional development support!
- Be part of an entrepreneurial organization that wants to continue to learn and grow!
- Ability to have impact and make change!
What will you do?
- Communicate with our Municipal Contacts as per operations requirements
- Provide main dispatch with Commercial and Subcontract drivers using 2 way radios;
- Daily data entry including scale slips, route data, fuel logs and bank deposits as required;
- Handling customer inquiries with courteous, professional phone skills;
- Work closely with the applicable staff to ensure routes are completed and paperwork from drivers are correct;
- Working as part of a small administrative team that supports operations;
- Assist with Scale operator with purchase and sale ticket in the scale system; which includes scaling inbound and outbound materials and direct drivers to appropriate loading dock or offloading area;
- General office duties including mailing invoices, statements, filing and other duties as required.
What will you bring?
- Grade 12 or GED equivalency; job related post-secondary education considered an asset;
- Minimum 2 years previous experience working in a related office/administrative role;
- Proficiency in using MS Office (Word, Excel); excellent keyboarding skills;
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities as necessary;
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Experience in the waste management and recycling industry preferred;
- A friendly personality combined with a “roll-up your sleeves and get it done attitude”!
Are you ready to jumpstart your career by joining one of Canada’s Greenest Employers and become part of the environmental solution? If so, apply now! We appreciate all applicants who apply however only those who are qualified, will be contacted.
Emterra Group is committed to maintaining an equitable, fair, and diverse environment. Any applicants who have a disability or require reasonable accommodation may speak directly with our Human Resources Department. Reasonable accommodations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position