Responsible for leadership
of the Medstar Communications department, and representation of the department
throughout the organization.
- Providing active and effective leadership to Communications
Center personnel, including:
- Engaging personnel leadership, including
personnel engagement and development
- Creating a professional and rewarding workplace,
including routine feedback, recognition, accountability, and team
- Oversight of hiring and training programs.
- Monitoring of daily functions and the
department, and ongoing performance feedback.
- Personnel scheduling, timekeeping, and payroll
- Development, implementation, and active
monitoring of Communications Center policies and directives.
- Working closely with operations leadership to
determine resources needed to meet contractual and stakeholder service
- Ensuring effective operation and utilization of communication
equipment; cellular devices, radio, messaging, and recording systems
- Interfacing with other EMS and public safety
communications center or agency leadership
- Active leadership of the Communications Center
Quality Assurance program.
- Monitoring and validating the accuracy of data entry
from Communications Center personnel.
- Development and implementation of personnel
performance improvement plans when appropriate
- Performing all duties of senior dispatcher and
call taker as needed.
- Adopting to a fast pace, frequently changing
- Responsible for departmental compliance with
CAAS and other accreditation standards
- Performing related duties as assigned.
- Ability to work irregular hours, nights,
weekends, and holidays, as needed, as well as extended shifts and on-call periods.
- Work well under pressure in a fast-paced and time
sensitive work environment.
Education and Training Requirements:
diploma or GED, bachelor’s degree required within 2 years of employment
required within two months of hire, EMD experience preferred.
Center Management or similar certification preferred, required within year of
Center Accreditation leadership preferred.
EMS or other
Public Safety Communications Center experience preferred.
proficiency in the English language.
Ability to pass
department related pre-employment testing, as well as leadership aptitude
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
While performing the duties
of the job, this position requires the ability to sit; use hands, fingers,
handle, feel; and talk, hear & see. The
position requires the ability to reach with hands and arms. Vision abilities
required include ability to adjust focus.
Occasionally required to travel. Possible exposure to infectious disease
and hazardous materials. The position requires verbal contact with others and
constantly works face-to-face with and around others. Must be able to adapt to changing
Medstar Ambulance Michigan is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled