Retirement Center Management, a leader in the senior living industry has an outstanding opportunity for a part time experienced Life Enrichment Assistant at our Carriage Inn Huntsville location an Independent and Assisted Living senior community.
Shifts include: Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Availability for special events on other days/shifts is preferred. Must be available to work holidays.
The Life Enrichment Assistant, under direct and indirect supervision, assists with the planning and execution of events and activities creating a fun, active lifestyle for our residents. Must desire to work with seniors and have a tolerance for behaviors associated with dementia and other aging processes.
The successful candidate must be available to work some evenings, weekends, and holidays as special events needs dictate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in the development and implementation of activities and events.
- Respond to the needs of residents, families and visitors by providing immediate and courteous assistance.
- Actively involved in the engagement of residents in all activities and events both on and off site. Encourages, invites and assists residents to become involved in community sponsored events and activities.
- Assures in the planning stage that sufficient supplies are on-hand, prepared and ready for every activity and event.
- Assists the Director with the development of monthly calendars and newsletters.
- Takes pictures to be included in newsletters and social media.
- Assists the Director with coordination of community resources from other departments in support of events and activities.
- Assists with external resources, such as entertainers, to assure positive resident and family experiences.
- Member of the community’s emergency response team.
- Maintains a professional appearance and good personal hygiene per company policies.
- Assists with special projects or tasks.
- High School diploma or GED required
- 1 year of prior activities experience with seniors
- Comply with any state requirements for Assisted Living
- Valid Driver’s License and record that complies with our internal and insurance carrier requirements
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Understanding of HIPAA requirements
- Proficient PC skills including Microsoft Office, Word and some Excel
Pre-employment background check, motor vehicle record, and drug screen required.
Retirement Center Management considers the health and safety of its residents, family members, and team members as its highest priorities. All offers of employment with Retirement Center Management are conditioned on completing and passing a background and drug test, participating in mandatory vaccine programs (e.g., Covid-19, Flu), participating in testing requirements (e.g. Covid-19, TB) and using designated PPE when required.