Restaurant Supervisor - Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport
The Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport is currently accepting applications for a full-time Supervisor. We are located across the highway from the Kelowna International Airport, with convenient transit access just down the street!
If you don't mind variety and are able to work a flexible schedule which includes mornings, weekdays, and weekends, please submit your resume today! We are on a bus route, with a stop just outside of the hotel. We also pickup our employees from the bus loop at UBCO!
What we offer:
- Employee discounts on accommodations, dining and marina at our sister properties (Hotel Eldorado, Manteo Resort and Eldorado Marina, and Hampton Inn & Suites).
- World-wide accommodation and dining discounts with Marriott brands.
- An excellent work environment, with a focus on staff recognition, teambuilding and an atmosphere of growth and development.
- Internal growth and a culture of promotion from within. Supervisor and Management positions open to internal applicants for Four Hotels within Kelowna.
To successfully fill one of these roles, you should demonstrate the following:
- Regularly monitor and achieve the points of technical service, and details
- Build and maintain relationships with guests, team members and management alike
- Show leadership in creating a culture that revolves around the experience and enjoyment of food and wine
- Demonstrate high personal integrity, business ethics and takes every opportunity to promote the venue
- Communicate the vision to all team members and lead by example. Reinforce the Four Points values daily, and inspires the team with his/her exciting vision for the future
- Provide general administrative support for the restaurant
- Use conflict resolution and problem solving skills
- Assist with the tracking of sales, invoicing, and managing inventory
- Conduct briefings with service staff prior to each service
- Strive for maximum efficiency and continual improvement of staff productivity
- Participate or be aware of the Health & Safety Committee, ensuring that the Occupational Health & Safety Act and WSIB procedures are being followed
- Ensure facility is well maintained, repaired and spotless at all times
- Work with Management to design and implement a strategy to attract new business
- Build relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Additional duties as assigned or required
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in Business or Hospitality an asset
- Minimum 1 years’ supervisory experience in a high volume, fast paced hospitality environment considered an asset
- Must possess superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate extreme organization and high attention to detail in a fast paced environment while acting as a team player
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage a large and variable work load, ensuring timely and accurate completion of assigned work
- Ability to remain calm under pressure while working in a fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude and a willingness to think outside the box
- A passion for the industry and meeting new people
- Ability to work flexible hours including days, evenings and weekends
- Serving it right credential
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.