SCP Front Desk Agent
The Front Desk Agent is primarily responsible for handling all guest interactions and going above and beyond to exceed guest requests. S/he often provides the first point of contact for guests and is responsible for creating an excellent first impression. S/He will promote a safe working environment and quality service to create a fun and unique experience for the guest. The Soul Sherpa will work with all of the SCP Family to ensure maximum efficiency while upholding an enthusiastic and friendly environment. The Front Desk Agent shall strive to provide exceptional service to guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Soul Community Planet culture.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
● Signs in and is ready to work on time with a smile and enthusiastic attitude
● Always dressed within guidelines and wearing SCP button.
● Complete daily set up procedures
● Maintains both positive attitude and charming environment toward and for guests.
● Answer the telephone as needed.
● Respond to guest inquiries with a positive attitude
● Process and deliver messages for guests with a smile
● Respond to special requests
● Book reservations with additional special notes for each guest
● Provide guidance to guests on hotel events, food truck options, and all local hot spots.
● Monitor the open tables/seating in lobby and Provision's Market for empty and cleaned tables.
o Bus tables as needed
● Works cooperatively with all other team members to assure smooth operations.
● Assists in Market and lobby clean up.
● Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
● Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
● Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
o All hotel features/services, hours of operation.
o All room types, numbers, layout, decor, appointments, and location.
o All room rates, special packages and promotions.
o Daily house count and expected arrivals/departures.
o Room availability status for any given day.
o Scheduled in-house group activities, locations and times.
o All hotel and departmental policies and procedures.
● Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction by always going above and beyond
● Have complete knowledge of Stay N Touch, Google, and Saflock systems post company training.
● Ensure that current information on rates, packages, and promotions is available at the Front Desk.
● Inspect, plan and ensure that all materials and equipment are ready for all situations
● Monitor the hotel front entrance and greet each patron at the door if applicable
● Monitor the check-in/check-out process; anticipate critical situations and assist wherever necessary to help alleviate the pressure and to process the guest expediently.
● Monitor communication logs and ensure that guest requests are followed up within specified timeline
● Ensure timely and accurate completion of projects.
● Maintain a neat and presentable front desk area.
● Monitor and ensure that express check-outs are processed through the system.
● Observe guest reactions and confer frequently with staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
● Assist guests with reports of lost/stolen articles, following hotel policy.
● Adhere to hotel requirements for guest/team member accidents or injuries and in emergency situations.
● Performs all applicable side work.
● Obtains the MOD’s approval prior to signing out.
● Performs other related duties as assigned by any MOD.
The associate is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
● High school diploma or equivalent
● Prior hospitality experience required
● A neat, clean, person with a strong desire to create a unique experience
● Highly organized and detail-oriented
● Exceptional guest-focus
● Previous experience with Windows, Office, and Opera or similar property management system preferred
● Problem-solving and reasoning skills
● Fluency in other languages beneficial
● Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work permit
● Must be able to read and speak English
● Must have excellent phone etiquette and friendly demeanor
● Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
● Must be able to quickly learn simple procedures and techniques
● Must be detail-oriented and work well under pressure
● Must have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
● Must possess excellent communication skills
● Must be able to work in a fast-paced and fun environment
● Must be able to abide by the SCP appearance standards
● Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends, holidays, and special events.
● Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and associates
● Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a graceful and charming manner
● Must be positive and strive to live by Soul Community and Planet
● Possess strong leadership, motivational, organizational, and verbal communication skills.
● Must have a passion for creating a unique experience for all guests
● Must be able to stand for a full shift
● Must be able to occasionally lift, carry, push and pull up to 50 lbs
● Must have good hearing for accurate communication with guests.
● Must be able to use hands and fingers to handle and feel objects, tools controls, and type
● Must be able to frequently bend, stoop and kneel
● Must be able to work in areas of loud noises.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow other instructions and perform other work-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Soul Community Planet is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled