The Sales Manager – Builder Channel works with Territory and Regional Sales Managers, Manufacturer Representatives, Marketing, Finance, and Supply Chain internally to develop, and implement Builder programs to profitably grow the Single Family New Construction market share for Fortress Building Products. The ideal candidate for this position must have prior success selling multiple product lines to Builders and fully understand Multi-Step Distribution. The candidate must be experienced at creating and presenting high-level presentations at the executive level.
OUR CORE VALUES
Work Hard, Play Hard – We seek passionate people. We take our work seriously and we take the enjoyment of our lives seriously.
Positive, Can DO Attitude – We are optimistic, we set challenging goals and we find a way to accomplish them. We approach challenges with the intention of finding solutions.
Compete & Win As A TEAM – We put TEAM first. Our team is what makes our company great. We are a competitive group that likes to win. We keep score.
Innovate & Seek Continuous Improvement – We believe it can always be better. We want better products and processes. We want to be better individuals. We want to be a better organization.
We Are Respectful – We respect fellow team members, our partners, ourselves and our company. We are known to be “the good guys”.
- Target, identify and grow the Single Family Builder network to ensure specification of Fortress Building Products’ materials.
- Prepare and present builder presentations to the key influencers within the builders’ organization.
- Negotiate and maintain strategic builder channel partner agreements.
- Work with Fortress sales teams to drive pull through support with distributors and contractors
- Collaborate with the Fortress Building Products marketing department to develop collateral specifically for the builder channel.
- As the market expert, conduct and report competitive market analysis, competitive intelligence and other sales-related information for the channel.
- Attend and participate in local Home Builder Associations and work key trade shows to ensure that Fortress has strong exposure.
- Provide a weekly report to the Architectural Marketing Manager.
- Work national trade shows as applicable.
- Other responsibilities as relevant to the position and assigned by the manager.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree in business or marketing
- Minimum 7 - 10 years of relevant experience in the construction or building materials industry, with demonstrated success of closing deals with home builders.
- Experience selling multiple product lines, services or solutions to senior level management.
- Willingness and ability to structure productive activity plans from a home office environment with little to no supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills
- Strong presentation shkills
- Ability to design and execute a sales plan to drive intended results
- Driven personality with a “winning” attitude
- Must be a team player with a dedication to Fortress Building Products’ success
- Willingness and ability to travel overnight
- Dallas area residency preferred
- Bilingual a plus
Fortress Building Products is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled