FLSA Status: Exempt
ABOUT VERTAVA HEALTH: Vertava Health is a leading national behavioral healthcare system for mental health and substance use disorders, providing a full continuum of services based on the individuals' varying needs at different times in their health and recovery journey. We apply evidence-based treatment modalities at every level of care and embed digital health tools to enhance and amplify clinical outcomes. With a growing list of Joint Commission accredited inpatient and outpatient locations across the country, a virtual care platform and a national network of healthcare providers, Vertava Health pioneers care that empowers people so that they can live out their best future.
In order to make this possible, we need an exceptional Outpatient Director who can meet the requirements below. Think you have what it takes to help us change lives all over the country?
As the Outpatient Director you will organize and oversee the clinical program and daily operations of the outpatient clinic. You will ensure all aspects of clinical care and programming align with evidence-based best practices, and comply with all applicable legal, ethical, and regulatory standards. The ideal candidate for this position has proven experience in a clinical leadership role, outstanding organizational and communication skills, and in-depth knowledge of addiction and mental health treatment.
Priority responsibilities include:
Develop and supervise a team of therapists, case managers NPs and recovery coach technicians
- Day to day oversight and coordination of care team
- Manage clinic capacity and work schedules
- Work with central functions to ensure appropriate documentation, adherence to policies, and communication
- Engage with the community to foster strong local relationships
- Deliver group therapy sessions and/or lead IOP/PHP programming as needed
- Conduct biweekly supervision with direct reports
- Provide opportunities for professional growth and development
- Foster a culture of collaboration, communication, positive energy, and compassionate support for patients, peers, and oneself
- Ensures program financial viability through review of revenue and cost control mechanisms
- Responsible for achieving targeted key metrics for facility and organization established by Executive Leadership team.
- Overall responsibility for state licensing compliance by ensuring program and facility compliance, and employment record compliance.
- Responsible and accountable for managing direct reports including: Preparation and presentation of performance evaluations, objective setting, compensation recommendations, training and development, disciplinary actions, selection interviews, and monitoring adherence to Company and department policies, procedures, and practices.
Review, update, and create clinical policies and practices to advance:
- Measurable positive outcomes
- Patient and staff satisfaction
- Compliance with all applicable laws and regulatory standards
Improve and oversee processes related to:
- Assessments and referrals
- Treatment and aftercare planning
- Documentation expectations
- Training and competency checks
- Maintain department budget and manage expenses
Plan, implement, and document education specific to:
- Motivational Interviewing
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
Collaborate with other departments, teams and stakeholders, including:
- local- and Senior-Leadership Teams
- Business development teams
- Medical Director, Medical and Psychiatric Providers
- Local hospitals and providers
- Utilization review team and insurance companies
- Local colleges and universities
- Professional organizations
Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Licensed Clinician: Psy., PhD, LICSW, LMHC, LPC, LCSW, LCDC
- Minimum of 5-years post licensure experience
- Minimum 3 years of clinical supervisory experience
- Understanding of the disease model of addiction and evidence-based treatment
- Knowledge of relevant legal, regulatory, and ethical standards
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills; judgement; and decision-making ability
- Familiarity with DSM and ASAM Dimensions and level of care criteria
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain emotional stability to cope with human suffering, emergencies, and other stress
- Ability to use hands and fingers, talk or hear
- Ability to sit, stand, walk and reach continually. Ability to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch frequently
- Ability to frequently lift and carry up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Close vision required to see computer monitor, read documents, and operate copy and fax machine
- Work environment is indoors and climate controlled. Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions
Vertava Health is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled