Georgian Bay Fire & Safety Ltd., one of the largest independent Life Safety & Property Protection companies in Canada, is seeking an additional member for our growing team. Our Fire Alarm, Security, Sprinkler, and Electrical professionals are protecting people and property every day. In business since 1969, we are a well-respected organization with a focus on customer service, with offices across the province and a single source approach of having electricians, sprinkler fitters, security technicians and suppression technicians in house. We continue to attract great staff and clients, and that continued growth offers excellent opportunities for our exceptional team.
We are seeking a Security Installation Technician –Owen Sound Office.
Our best technicians work with minimal supervision to carry out their daily duties with a high level of completion. They effectively plan and schedule their day for optimum productivity and high customer satisfaction.
· Service and inspection of burglar alarm systems
· Ability to install and service analogue CCTV systems
· Ability to install and service small access control systems
· Vehicle and vehicle inventory maintenance
· Other associated duties as assigned
Level 2 Responsibilities include the above and:
· Design, layout, program and install all company supported burglar alarm systems, access control systems, analogue CCTV and basic IP systems
· Installation and service of wandering patient systems and nurse call systems
· Serve as the Lead Technician on inspection with responsibilities for onsite junior technicians.
Level 3 include the above responsibilities and:
· Design, install, service and program addressable security systems
· Troubleshoot and service all systems, displaying working knowledge of networks as they pertain to security systems.
· Train junior levels to enable growth for the individual and company
· Assignments usually require specialized knowledge
· Minimum 1-5 years of experience within the security industry.
· Completion of applicable provincial certification/registration
· Demonstrate basic knowledge of network, applicable codes and standards
· Strong communication, organizational and computer skills
· Ability to manage large inspections efficiently
· Ability to read architectural and electrical drawings
· Valid motor vehicle license required (Class 5) with annual abstract to maintain eligibility
· Ability to transport equipment and tools weighing up to 40lbs.
· Ability to work in confined spaces with ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 30 ft.
Georgian Bay offers a competitive compensation and benefits program.
Remuneration is based on level and experience and includes shared medical coverage, tuition reimbursement, vehicle usage and more.