We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our team in our Woodbury, MN 55125 location.
Who We Are:
Washington County Community Development Agency – From providing affordable housing, to helping small businesses create jobs, to funding critical services for the homeless - the work we do directly helps to make people’s lives better. To learn more about us, please visit us at: http://www.washingtoncountycda.org
About the Role:
This position is responsible for performing intermediate administrative support work in the office, welcoming and directing visitors, sorting, preparing and filing mail and invoices, preparing agency board packets and transcribing minutes, and related work as apparent or assigned.
What you’ll do:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Welcomes and directs walk in and phone customers to appropriate staff.
- Distributes mail to appropriate staff; records and tracks incoming financial mail; delivers outgoing mail at end of day to post office.
- Performs support functions for rental assistance and homeownership programs; assists customers with required paperwork as necessary for various programs; maintains and transmits electronic reports; monitors inspection records; records and tracks monthly sheriff sale information.
- Prepares board packet for monthly distribution, including uploading to website; attends monthly board meetings and transcribes minutes for distribution.
- Monitors website regularly and updates as necessary with routine information.
- Inventories and orders office supplies as necessary.
- Performs general clerical support duties such as making copies, entering data using standard office software systems, printing materials, preparing correspondence, mailing correspondence, maintaining documents, records or reports and directing information for staff; supports all departments as necessary.
- Opens and prepares the office and closes and secures the office at the end of the day.
- Acts in coordination with and as a backup for the Office Manager.
Our Perfect Candidate
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma moderate experience working in a clerical support role using standard office
- Completion of a related business certificate program may be substituted for one year of experience
- General knowledge of real estate and property management; thorough skill serving program clients; general skill building strategic relationships
- Ability to display project management and organizational skills
- Ability to use standard computer equipment
- Ability to display proficient communication skills
- Valid driver's license in the State of Minnesota
Required Abilities and Skills:
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Time management skills to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Individual who is creative and offers new ideas
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications including Excel and Word
- An initial hiring range of $17.67 - $19.88 (hourly), with a current maximum rate of $24.92. Starting wage commensurate with experience and education.
- Comprehensive benefits package available including: generous health and dental insurance offerings, flexible spending accounts, employer-paid short and long-term disability, four weeks of PTO to begin, employer-funded retirement options, performance-based wage increases, and tuition reimbursement.
- A friendly working environment with great colleagues who are committed to making a difference in the community.
- A fantastic work location just off the interstate in Woodbury, close to shopping, restaurants, and recreation opportunities.
Please submit your cover letter, and resume
via the ‘Apply Now’ button!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Please, no phone calls or agency submissions!
Keywords: Administrative Aide, Administrative Assistant, Administrative Associate, Administrative Coordinator, Administrative Secretary, Office Assistant
Washington County CDA is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled