Toronto, Ontario (240 McCaul Street)
Since 1981, Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Toronto has served as a place to call home for families with seriously ill children undergoing treatment. RMHC Toronto encompasses a House for 81 families in downtown Toronto and seven Family Rooms in hospitals across the Greater Toronto Area and in Sudbury. The families we serve come from throughout Ontario, across Canada and around the world.
We are looking for four Board Directors to join our team in Toronto.
About the opportunity
RMHC Toronto is directed by a board of 19 directors who have the responsibility of approving the strategic direction of RMHC Toronto and establishing appropriate governance and risk management strategies to ensure promotion of the mission, protection of the assets, and sustainable long-term growth and viability.
- Acting as conscientious ambassadors who advocate for the organization's mission and garner support from the community.
- Approving and monitoring Operating & Capital Budgets.
- Overseeing Reserves and Investments.
- Approving the strategic direction (approving strategies and goals).
- Identifying, appointing, and evaluating the CEO.
- Monitoring the organization’s performance (overseeing the conduct of the business of the organization).
- Overseeing risk management.
- Approving policies appropriate for the business of the organization.
- Establishing procedures for good governance with management.
- Building and sustaining a competent Board.
- Representing RMHC Toronto at events when required.
- Attending and participating in Board of Director meetings (minimum of 4 per year) – reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to meetings and being prepared to engage in meaningful discussions.
- Board members serve a term of three years and are eligible for renewal for an additional three-year term.
- Previous experience in serving on a non-profit, community-based board, and/or committee would be an asset.
- Previous experience fundraising for charitable purposes would be an asset.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Passionate about RMHC Toronto’s mission.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
We want to hear from you! Like what you’re hearing so far, but still wondering if RMHC Toronto is right for you? We offer:
- An opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children, families, and the community.
- RMHC Toronto is an equal opportunity organization to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. It is also our practice to source and present candidates on a non-discriminatory basis. Proactively we make every good faith effort to include a diverse pool of candidates in our search.
Interested in being a part of the RMHC Toronto team? Does this sound like you? If so, we look forward to your application!
The successful candidate will need to undergo a successful Vulnerable Sector Screening Police check.
Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the hiring process.
Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are interested in this position, please click "Apply Now".
Posting closes January 20, 2022.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position