Toy Ambassador – FAO Schwarz Flagship Store
Our Story so far Founded in 1862, F.A.O Schwarz is one of the oldest and most iconic toy retailers in the world. Frederick August Otto Schwarz dreamed of a marvelous, bountiful emporium full of extraordinary, one-of-a-kind toys from all over the world. His dream became a reality, and as one of America’s oldest brands, we have provided this wonder to families for more than 150 years.
Our Vision is that we passionately curate an ever-evolving World of Wonder brought to life through our extraordinary people, experiences and products to create everlasting memories for all.
We drive quality and innovation, offering one-of-a-kind playthings and creating cherished memories for generations of children. We are more than a toy store. We are a place where toys come to life.
We have mastered the art of showmanship and grand merchandising, and we are pioneers of crafting the concept of in-store experiences which are driving the future of retail today.
Passion - Do what you love and love what you do.
Engaging - Make the first move.
Integrity - Do the right thing, even when no one is looking
Collaborative - Support each other, win as a team
Adaptability - Roll with the Punches!
Driven - Be BOLD and go BEYOND
Accountability - Own it!
As a Toy Ambassador you are responsible for providing exceptional customer service in all areas of the selling floor. You are also responsible to ensure that customers can find what they are looking for and that all brand and store standards are maintained throughout the store. The role of a toy ambassador is also to ensure that all items are in-stock and store appearance and safety standards are maintained. As a Toy Ambassador you are responsible for delivering amazing customer experiences by engaging with each customer.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Provide exceptional customer service to customers.
- Actively engaging with customers and attentive to all customer needs.
- Work in all zones in the store to ensure sales floor is in-stock, clean and organized.
- Stock shelves on the salesfloor when needed.
- Execute changes as it relates to merchandising and price changes.
- Support the front end with assisting with cashier transactions and send sales.
- Create amazing experiences to customers
- Demonstrate and model selling skills
- Ensure full understanding of all products and experiences; displays products and explain the features to customers.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Must be able to speak professionally and be professionally silly.
- Promote a fun, energized and comfortable atmosphere for customers.
- Demonstrate creative problem-solving skills to drive customer service.
- Follow all safety and compliance guidelines.
- Customer service experience in a retail environment
- Ability to move and/or lift push and pull over 25 pounds
- A sense of whimsy, a nostalgia for toys, and a fondness for the FAO Schwarz brand
- Excellent collaboration, communication, time management, adaptability, drive for results, influence for impact, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to lead and remain positive, resilient, adaptable, and succeed in a fast paced, public facing retail environment
- Must be able to work, days, nights and weekends.
- A BIG Smile!
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Why You Should Work for Us
- We encourage a sense of whimsy, wonderment, play, and an engaging and theatrical environment
- You’re never treated like a number or task; you’ll look forward to coming to work every day to see your friends
- Growth opportunities are everywhere
- Highly competitive benefits
FAO Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. FAO Schwarz strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, interns, or any other covered persons, on the basis of age, race, color, religion, creed, national origin including ancestry, ethnicity, sex including pregnancy, gender identity, and transgender status, gender, physical or mental disability, including gender dysphoria and similar gender-related conditions, alienage or citizenship status, military status, including past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state and local laws, with respect to hiring, promotion, discipline, firing, compensation, benefits, or other terms, conditions or privileges of employment.
If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, or during the course of your employment, please contact Site Human Resource Manager or Flagship Store Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.