The Commercial Relationship Manager is responsible for management, retention and expansion of existing business relationships, the development of new business and the servicing of a variety of commercial relationships. This position examines, evaluates, and authorizes or recommends approval of customer applications for lines or extension of lines of credit, commercial loans, and commercial real estate loans.
- Develops and monitors a commercial loan portfolio, meeting with both existing and prospective customers under limited supervision.
- Serves as a primary contact for all financial services linked to an individual client.
- Gathers financial and general business information, performs financial analyses needed to make credit decisions, participates in team credit decisions and communicates with prospects and customers to close sales.
- Develops broader knowledge base of commercial and other products and services, including loan policy, documentation, structuring and regulatory requirements.
- Actively participates in community and/or professional organizations to develop a growing network of outside referral sources for new business.
- Routinely monitors credit quality of loan portfolio to ensure loans are current and conform to terms. Quickly identifies and manages risks to minimize impact.
- Complies with all applicable federal, state, and local banking and industry related laws and regulations, including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act. Completes all required annual compliance training.
Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in business, finance or management preferred.
Training and Experience
- Seven years experience in a financial institution with a minimum of three years in originating commercial loans.
- Knowledge of financial analysis
- Knowledge of credit underwriting, documentation, loan policy and regulations
- Knowledge of marketing and sales techniques
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Creative/innovative problem solver
- High level of integrity
- Self-motivated/takes initiative
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performing the duties of this job requires the ability to hear and understand normal conversation and the ability to speak clearly. The work involves prolonged movement (sitting, standing, walking, bending, grasping); carrying and/or lifting objects up to 25 lb. sometimes occurs.
Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and the normal hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. The job may require evenings and week-end work for business development events and to meet deadlines.
This position will be based at one of our branch locations. Frequent travel to customer facilities and other branch locations for meetings is required and will primarily occur during the normal work day. Some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
CITIZENS BANK & TRUST CO is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled