Seasonal Facilities Assistant
Seasonal Facilities Assistant
ArtsQuest Values Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging.
Our employees are the most valuable assets we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and the organization’s achievement as well.
At ArtsQuest a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees feel valued and respected whatever their age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and/or veteran status. We embrace and encourage our employees’ characteristics that make them unique, because we value and appreciate diverse life experiences.
Reports to: Facilities Manager
Direct Reports: None
Under the direction of a Facilities Manager, the Facilities Assistant assists in the maintenance of office buildings, including all building systems and grounds, and provides professional, comprehensive facilities services to our internal customers.
- Provide facilities assistance throughout the organization’s offices as requested via the helpdesk.
- Manage minor moves such as assisting with packing, unpacking, transporting boxes, moving and assembling furniture.
- Carry out minor furniture repairs, general maintenance, minor flooring/carpet repairs.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools in performing duties.
- Hang whiteboards, bulletin boards and pictures as necessary.
- Work with facilities helpdesk and supervisor with regards to ongoing jobs as necessary.
- Work with contractors and subcontractors as necessary to complete assigned tasks.
- Work with Operations to set up meeting rooms daily; ensure supplies for meeting rooms are replenished as necessary.
- Change overhead light bulbs.
- Ensure all facilities deliveries are received and signed for; arrange for equipment pick up as necessary for off-site repairs.
- Ensuring fire safety; by checking fire extinguishers and emergency lights.
- Repair broken desks and office chairs.
- Outdoor building maintenance to include but is not limited to cleaning up the parking lot, weeding, changing light bulbs and collecting trash.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- A high school or technical school diploma or GED; preferably some experience in facilities or maintenance but not required; previous experience working with tools and conducting routine maintenance.
- A valid driver's license and reliable transportation to enable movement between all of our facilities, pickups, deliveries of tools and equipment when needed.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate well with others; exceptional customers service skills.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
- General DIY and maintenance skills or the ability to learn.
- Good organizational skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Ability to safely lift and move objects up to 25 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally with heavier weight necessary at times, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to work with hands and use manual and power tools.
- Ability to see, speak, listen, read and comprehend English. Bi-lingual a plus.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, to walk, to squat, to bend, to climb step stools and ladders, to reach overhead and outward.
- Ability to work both indoors and outdoors in all types of weather conditions in order to support our festivals and events.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Seasonal staff who work through Musikfest will be eligible to receive an additional $350 bonus!
*Must be able to commit to working a minimum of 5 shifts (a single shift is defined as a scheduled 5 hours) for a total of 25 hours over the course of Musikfest, to be eligible to receive the bonus.
2022 Musikfest Dates: August 5-15.
ArtsQuest maintains a culture of C.A.R.E.S.; Creativity, Adaptability, Risk Taking, Evaluation and Sustainability. In addition, ArtsQuest has very high standards for accountability and ownership of all of our employees’ actions, whose contributions to the organization all relate to customer service. It is our goal to maintain these high standards in order to deliver the most exceptional experiences to both our internal and external customers. We work hard, but we play harder. It’s the reason we’re here!
Candidates from underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply!
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt - Seasonal
ArtsQuest is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.