Part-Time Year Round Facilities Assistant
Part-Time Year Round Facilities Assistant
Reports to: Facilities Manager
Direct Reports: None
Arts Quest Values Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging.
Our employees are the most valuable assets we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and the organization’s achievement as well.
At ArtsQuest a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees feel valued and respected whatever their age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and/or veteran status. We embrace and encourage our employees’ characteristics that make them unique, because we value and appreciate diverse life experiences.
Under the direction of a Facilities Manager, the Facilities Assistant assists in the maintenance of office buildings, including all building systems and grounds, and provides professional, comprehensive facilities services to our internal customers.
- Provide facilities assistance throughout the organization’s offices as requested via the helpdesk.
- Manage minor moves such as assisting with packing, unpacking, transporting boxes, moving and assembling furniture.
- Carry out minor furniture repairs, general maintenance, minor flooring/carpet repairs.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools in performing duties.
- Hang whiteboards, bulletin boards and pictures as necessary.
- Work with facilities helpdesk and supervisor with regards to ongoing jobs as necessary.
- Work with contractors and subcontractors as necessary to complete assigned tasks.
- Work with Operations to set up meeting rooms daily; ensure supplies for meeting rooms are replenished as necessary.
- Change overhead light bulbs.
- Ensure all facilities deliveries are received and signed for; arrange for equipment pick up as necessary for off-site repairs.
- Ensuring fire safety; by checking fire extinguishers and emergency lights.
- Repair broken desks and office chairs.
- Outdoor building maintenance to include but is not limited to cleaning up the parking lot, weeding, changing light bulbs and collecting trash.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- A high school or technical school diploma or GED; preferably some experience in facilities or maintenance but not required; previous experience working with tools and conducting routine maintenance.
- A valid driver's license and reliable transportation to enable movement between all of our facilities, pickups, deliveries of tools and equipment when needed.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate well with others; exceptional customers service skills.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
- General DIY and maintenance skills or the ability to learn.
- Good organizational skills.
Physical Abilities Required:
- Ability to safely lift and move objects up to 25 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally with heavier weight necessary at times, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to work with hands and use manual and power tools;
- Ability to see, speak, listen, read and comprehend English. Bi-lingual a plus.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, to walk, to squat, to bend, to climb step stools and ladders, to reach overhead and outward.
- Ability to work both indoors and outdoors in all types of weather conditions in order to support our festivals and events.
Note: As job descriptions cannot possibly list all types of activities that one may encounter in a position, the person holding the position may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties as assigned by his/her supervisor when necessary.
ArtsQuest has a culture of CARES; Creativity, Adaptability, Risk Taking, Evaluation, and Sustainability; In order to be successful at ArtsQuest you must be willing and able to take ownership, and make significant contributions to the success of the organization:
- We value a collaborative work style as well as the ability to work cross-functionally.
- We not only work in an office environment in close vicinity with other staff members, across multiple buildings, we also work outdoors in all types of weather during festivals and events
- We sometimes work long and unusual hours, including some evenings, weekends and holidays.
FLSA Status: Hourly
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.