is responsible for developing and administering all secondary market initiatives
including being a liaison to investors and working to maintain favorable
relationships. This position will work with the mortgage management team on building out and
introducing new products. This includes managing product roadmaps, procedures,
training, team adoption of new products, etc. This position will supervise the
rate lock desk, shipping, and post-closing area to ensure our relationship between
the bank and the investors are maintained and our margins on loans sold meet
the requirements set.
Essential Duties and
Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Collaborate with other department heads to innovate on the
mortgage origination process, procure and implement new technologies, and
streamline workflows to improve turn-times and lower cost to
- Ensure daily and Intraday rate changes are performed timely to
maintain profit margin set by the bank
- The Secondary Marketing Supervisor is responsible for all aspects
of pricing, loan locking, and delivery.
- This person will be involved in all aspects of managing the loan
production pipeline to ensure loans are produced, shipped, and delivered
in an efficient manner.
- Perform analysis and assessment regarding contractual obligations,
contingent risks, as well as mark to market and stress testing.
- Proficient in company guidelines and familiar with other Mortgage
- Maintains a positive and caring atmosphere for members and
employees consistent with the Bank’s mission and philosophy.
- Maintains an understanding and competency with respect to software
and other systems required to perform the duties of the position including
Optimal Blue, Calyx Point banker version, Horizon, Microsoft Word, Excel,
- Provide key information to management for reports
- Provides expertise and serves as a resource to all loan officers
regarding common practices for lock-in policies and procedures in the
mortgage banking industry.
- Maintain rate lock policies and procedures
- Maintain mortgage product descriptions for all departments in the
mortgage area, to include all overlays
- Second level of mortgage related wire requests
- Track, monitor and issue letters for first payment and letters of
sale of loans
- Responsible for monthly production and profit reports
- Support mortgage lenders with pricing scenarios and questions
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) or equivalent from four-year college or
university or minimum 3-5 years
related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of formal
education and experience.
- Highly professional, responsible, engaging, and effective.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience in financial and mortgage services.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to compute basic to moderately complex math calculations.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Experience working with secondary market investors
- Highly developed math skills