Director of Residential Programs
A Liberty Ministries Resident Assistant is to be a mature Christian who has the desire and ability to
nurture men who have been incarcerated. He must be willing to attend to the moral, spiritual, mental,
physical and character development of the residents. The Resident Assistant is also responsible for
the health and safety of our residents.
The Resident Assistant conveys appropriate behaviors and values to residents by attitude, speech,
and actions. He assists in the personal development of our residents by meeting with them for bible
study, reading assignments and other tasks assigned. The Resident Assistant’s responsibilities
include provisioning of supplies, resident transportation needs, house maintenance, safety, and
medication distribution. The Resident Assistant will work a flexible schedule as directed by his
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide support to residents and a safe environment through active listening, mentoring,
mediation, crisis intervention, conflict resolution, and prayer. Hold residents accountable and
ensure their compliance to the program. Complete weekly resident reviews and status
reports, and submit individual disciplinary action reports as needed.
2. Dispense medications to residents as needed.
3. Drive residents to and from work, appointments, activities, and events as needed in Liberty
4. Perform minor vehicle maintenance such as fueling, checking fluid levels, washing and
vacuuming, and taking vehicles to service shops. The Resident Assistant is required to keep
accurate mileage logs and submit work orders for maintenance when necessary.
5. Upholds the standards and rules put in effect from time to time by the staff and Board of
Directors of Liberty Ministries
6. Perform other duties as assigned by leadership.
1. Be a committed Christian, supportive of the mission of Liberty Ministries, and is in agreement
with the Liberty Ministry’s Statement of Faith.
2. Have a vision for renewal and demonstrate a passion for the hearts and lives of inmates and
3. Demonstrate strong leadership abilities by working well with people and having good
listening, speaking, and writing skills.
4. Have a demonstrated proficiency with personal computers, office software, email, smart
phone technology, texting, and adopting new technology as needed by the ministry.
5. Be professional in appearance and practice good personal hygiene. Project a positive
6. Have a current PA Driver’s License and driving record that qualifies for insurance coverage
with Liberty Ministries’ vehicle insurer.
7. A degree in counseling or bachelors degree is a plus.
8. Be in good physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health.
Hours: Part-time and/or Full-time hourly or Salaried. Working different shifts, including weekends, is
Liberty Ministries is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled