SUMMARY: Building relationships with our surrounding communities to provide access to medical care through application and enrollment assistance to residents who lack healthcare or health insurance. In addition, will serve as our Black Lungs Benefit Counselor.
1. Provides information in a fair, accurate, and impartial manner.
2. Provides leadership for the implementation and coordination of Outreach & Enrollment (C&E) activities such as hosting enrollment events with some occurring before and after normal business hours, evenings and weekends.
3. Provides educational materials regarding insurance options to community partners including health departments, hospitals, urgent care facilities, physician’s offices, and human services agencies in addition to collaborating and coordinating outreach efforts with same.
4. Must pass Certified Assistance Counselor examination and remain current with eligibility requirements.
5. Work cooperatively with ARMS providers and personnel to maintain objectives of the Outreach and Enrollment program.
6. Attend all required training sessions and meetings at the federal, state and local level concerning Outreach and Enrollment.
7. Safeguard data, maintain strict confidentiality of information, and perform required reporting.
8. Accurately complete data collection and enrollment process.
9. Conduct “in reach” with currently uninsured ARMS patients and “outreach” with non-ARMS patients in all service areas. These service areas currently include the Alabama counties of Jefferson, St. Clair, Blount and Shelby.
10. Monitor and report all patient correspondence including patient/non-patient completed enrollments.
11. Develop presentations for community groups and referral sources.
12. Develop relationships with appropriate community partners.
13. Develop promotional materials at the appropriate literacy level.
14. Organize work to meet goals, objectives and deadlines.
15. Attend regular Coal Miner Union Meetings.
16. Assist Black Lung patients with benefit paperwork.
17. Community outreach to engage current or retired Coal Miners.
18. Perform other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma required
Bachelor's Degree in a human service field, social work, public health, communications, marketing, and/or journalism is preferred.
At least two (2) years of experience working in a service field with lots of public interaction.
Ability to work effectively with underserved and diverse populations.
Must possess a valid driver license and automobile insurance.
Must be able and willing to travel as needed with dependable transportation.