East Neck Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is seeking a cook to
join our dynamic team of professionals.
Job Summary for a Cook
includes but is not limited to the following:
- Prepare food in accordance with current federal, state, and local
standards, guidelines, and regulations, with established policies and
procedures, and as may be directed by the Dietitian and/or Director of Food
Services, to assure that quality food service is provided at all times
- Review menus prior to preparation of food.
- Assist in developing methods for determining quality and quantity for
- Assist in standardizing the methods in which work will be accomplished.
- Ensure that menus are maintained and filed in accordance with
established policies and procedures.
- Must have attended high school
- One (1) year cooking experience in a hospital, skilled nursing care
facility, or other related medical facility.
- Must be able to cook a variety of foods in large quantities
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents,
family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general
- Must be knowledgeable of dietary practices and procedures
- Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously
with and supervise other personnel.
are an EOE