This position provides clerical support to the department. Specific job duties vary based on department needs and may include interacting with the public to respond to questions and requests for information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Computer data entry for various Access databases, filing, prepare mailings
- Copying/scanning/faxing documents
- Answering phone calls and provide native animal information
- Greeting visitors/orientation
- Customer service
- Filing, packing, moving record storage boxes and/or merchandise boxes
- Public service for a busy education center
- Prepare for and assist with Group workdays
- Responsible for leading groups in various weather conditions
- Pricing and displaying merchandise
- Public Service for Busy Education Center
- Hands on Experience in Native Wild Handling
- Additional duties as assigned
Education and Experience Required
Additional Information: Must be 18 years of age or older by the first day of employment.
Hours: Mid May-Mid September; approximately 40 hours per week, (hours vary and will include weekends and holidays).
- Good written and oral communication skills and well organized
- Meet assigned deadlines with minimal supervision
- Have a positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Microsoft Office
Special training or other licenses, certification,etc.: Must have a valid Driver’s License.
Skills In: Dealing effectively with the public; expressing oneself clearly and concisely; working knowledge of Microsoft Office; time management; and keeping neat and accurate records
Onboarding/Training Requirements: Criminal Background Check
Driver’s License Check
National Sex Offender Registry Check
Mandated Reporter – Abused and Neglected Child Reporting
Application: Candidates must complete the application process in its entirety, including the Pre-Screen Questions, to be considered for this position. Resumes may be included, but are not accepted in lieu of the application.
Equal Employment Policy: As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Forest Preserve District of DuPage County complies with Federal, State, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. The Forest Preserve District makes all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sex (wages), genetics, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, retaliation, or other unlawful considerations.
Forest Preserve District of DuPage County RP089 is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled